Social Worker Complaint

Lil123

Social Worker Complaint

Post by Lil123 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:55 pm

I

My son has very rare health condition. I have been navigating through the special needs world too. His paediatrician accused me of suffering from Munchausen by proxy, but then quietly dropped the case. However the ordeal did not stop. When social services became involved they seemed to spend their entire time filing false records of meetings with professionals documenting things they did not say in an obvious attempt to keep trying to discredit me and to somehow prove the MBP. Their behaviour has been atrocious. I have called and challenged them constantly and now they are starting to seriously unravel. My son is in his fathers care and he is abusing my son. But SS wont accept it. He has been locking our child in his bedroom every night and when I have called to raise this with SS they are complaining about my volume of call. They even went as far as claiming that the fire brigade had approved our son being locked in his bedroom every night and then refused to provide any evidence of this Thie went back and forth for over a YEAR. I found out eventually from the fire brigade that they absolutely did not approve this arrangement (what parent has to call the fire brigade to check whether SS had lied or not??)social services are still refusing to engage with me. The fire brigade escalated to safeguarding board as soon as they became aware. They wre really annoyed that SS had passed the responsibility to them.

Since this has started to unravel I have started going through all of the things the social worker has disputed with me, which even goes as far as them disputing other "professionals" opinions in his medical, health and even their own social care reports, without any justification for doing so. They are not qualified to comment on his medical reports , but they are going as far as breaching their own procedures and ignoring his medical history and opinions given by staff at my sons school. I am so shocked at their behaviour.

One of the social workers flits between shouting at me down the phone then laughing at me and now her recent tactic is just to refuse to talk to me about her reports on my sons issues.

I have complained to NHS and reported his GP and paediatrician to CQC The GP and paediatrician are arguing between themselves as to who should coordinate his care. As for social services I have made repeated complainers to the police and NSPCC became involved as well as other agencies who have raised multiple safeguarding concerns including the national level hospitals who are perplexed by this behaviour.

I have filed a complaint again the Local Authority and reported them to my MP who is also asking questions. Its been escalated to the Hewad of disabled childens services, the head of childrens services and the head of legal The allocated social worker has clearly made many many mistakes and I can prove it from the minutes and reports I have. Then on top of tis she is even behaving in a way where she is disputing her own colleagues records held within social care and when I point it out she escalates to her line manager who wades in like a school yard bully telling me to stop raising my concerns. Except now I am slowly being proven right and they seem a little worried now, but as with many of my experiences of social workers very few have any conscience for their arrogance and never ever admit mistakes - they have a great ability to blame someone else.
anyway now I have reported it to all these agencies i have been advised to report the social workers to their regulatory bodies which I have now done. The irony of course was that Social Work England duirng the course of my discussion about raising my concern then ha dto file their own safeguarding concern due to the risk of harm re my son being locked away. She told me I had to report it to the police and social services. You really could not make it up. I was explaining well yes I had reported it to SS and police but the SW wasnt taking it seriously hence why I was reporting to the social work regulator (you really could not make it up!).

Social Work England have said they would want to investigate in their own interests even if LA doesnt because of the gravity and egregiousness of the matter. I think the grounds for the investigation are as follows:
1. Failing to identify serious risk of harm
2. Falsifying or creating misleading documents
3. Ignoring important documents, as part of their assessments.

Is there anything else I can do? I have been told this does not quality for legal aid

I am in a state of shock having gone through so many documents prepared by the social worker that is full of false and misleading information and when I try to point this out she refuses point blank to provide me with evidence to back up what she says and then closes the conversation. Its shocking behaviour.

I think what will happen next is that GP will pass buck to paediatrician and social worker will pass buck n to her line manager and then we will have a stand off between them as to who is accountable for the problem. But even knowing who is accountable or responsble doesnt fix the problem my son has - he has no adequate care plam that takes into account his health and social care needs and stops his dad minimising and lying to health professionals and locking him away to avoid getting him help

The police and fire brigade are annoyed with social services for not doing their jobs properly, the social workers are trying ot blame the NHS and the NHS is trying to blame my sons SEN school.And the national hospitals just state it is up to th e "local team" to sort out.

The Socal Work England call handler actually laughed at the egregiousness of how the SW and LA were behaving. I explained that I felt there were probably more SWs complicit and he aid they would investigate all of them if necessary and without fear or favour to the LA. So if the LA tries to protect them the regulator says they can still go after them. They also advised me to go to OFSTED....

Any thoughts, ideas etc would be greatly received!

I am at the end of my tether. Is there anything else I could do?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Social Worker Complaint

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Dear Lil123

Thank you for your further posts which has set out fully the difficulties that you have experienced with children’s services and other professionals regarding your son’s disabilities and his needs. You have now also been informed that children's services will be undertaking s47 enquiries
From your post, it appears that you have already contacted the relevant organistions to which you can bring your complaints and, from what you say, Social Work England is very concerned about how children’s services has managed the case.

I am not sure that I can offer any further information about what you can you. I suggest that you continue with the investigation being carried out by Social Work England. They can look also investigate at an individual social worker’s practice and whether they have acted professionally, so if not already the case, as their professional body you could ask for the social worker and team manager to be investigated separately in respect of their professional practice.

It seems surprising that you say ‘he has no adequate care plan that takes into account his health and social care needs’ for his disability and additional needs. As you believe the plan is inadequate, you may wish to consider seeking advice from a solicitor who deals with social care matters.

You mentioned OFSTED in your post, and you could raise the concerns you have about children’s services with them. They can investigate children’s services and would be able to look at their records.

Regarding your most recent post regarding s47, it appears that children’s services consider there are safeguarding issues to be investigated. This from your earlier posts, have been the concerns you have had in relation to how he is being cared for by his father especially being locked in his room.

It may be that you have got to this point after a very long time but children’s services are now taking action. Please our advice sheet relating to Child protection procedures

I do not think there very much more I can add as you appear to have already contacted the appropriate bodies regarding your concerns.

Should you have any queries regarding child protection procedures, you can telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 930am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes

Suzie

Lil123

Post by Lil123 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:44 pm

Hi

Thanks for this reply. SS went crazy, but actually the wrong way. On 22nd they initiated further section 47 enquiries when my son turned up at school with "significant head injury" but still no CP! His dad basically is allowing him to smash his head in - probaby from so far unproved seizures. I am really scared now, because they still wont take it seriously. He has had 2 lots of S47s now and it goes nowwhere. Father has totoally lost the plot.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:55 pm

Dear Lil123,

Thank you for your response. You say that there has been a recent S. 47 investigation due to your son turning up to school with a head injury. If there is not going to be an initial child protection conference, the social worker should explain this to your clearly and further explain what actions are going to arise from the investigation.

Should you have any queries regarding child protection procedures, you can telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 930am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes,

Suzie