Challenge contents of an assessment & plan

DJR434

Challenge contents of an assessment & plan

Post by DJR434 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:20 pm

A social Worker has undertaken an assessment, following a meeting with me and my children. I believe under Section 17 - What is this?
The Social Worker gave me a copy of the assessment and informed me of the plan.
When I asked what choice I had about the plan, as it specifically included things that I need to do. I was told that it was low level and that she did not anticipate that 'they' would be involved for vey long.
That a meeting had been planned for the day after next. I was to attend on skype.
I asked who would be attending the meeting and she was quite vague - a representative from the school; someone from children's services and CAMHS.
The meeting had to be cancelled and no further date set, I was not told why the meeting was cancelled.
I have since read the assessment and plan. It is full of inaccuracies, missing information which I gave to her, stating things which I had not said. The children's father who also has parental responsibility was not contacted (although she stated that she had tried to contact him).
I have since text her, as I do not have an alternative way of contacting her. This was to ask her if we could arrange a mutually convenient time to meet to discuss the assessment and also the plan ( which she also states in the assessment - 'all other professionals are in agreement with the plan.' What other professionals I ask myself. And should the children's father not be involved?
I am also not sure if my children have been consulted about the plan, one of whom will be 18 years old in just over a week. The other two are 13 and 15 years of age.
I feel a sense of bereft.
I plan to call Children's Services in the morning and ask if she has been or is at work. And then take it from there.
Surely I have a right to discuss the contents of an assessment and it's outcome / plan.
I don't believe we ever get the best outcome when we feel that we are being done to rather than with!!

DJR434

Re: Challenge contents of an assessment & plan

Post by DJR434 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:20 am

Without any discussion taking place despite messages left and calls made to the social worker. I was informed one month later when I thought we were meeting to discuss the assessment ( at long last), with no explanation given as to why that the Child in Need Plan was now going to a Child Protection Conference!
I am not saying the world has gone mad. But what has happened to common decency and compassion.