kinship carers what rule do they abide by? HELP!!!

A123

kinship carers what rule do they abide by? HELP!!!

Post by A123 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:17 pm

what rules/ regulations do they follow? for example a normal foster carer cannot put photos of a child on social media can a kinship carer because i am losing the plot right now my daughter is with her father cousin apparently in the whole 8 years i never met this person or her family then out of the blue she pops up when my daughter was going to go for adoption when her father was notified in prison he puts forward this person he says is family well she allowed a sex offender around her own kids admitted it to the social worker that was not mentioned in any of her assessments or to the guardian or the court, i tweeted about it on twitter it got back to the social worker somehow when no names or anything to identify me or the kids were on my profile she goes the girl won't be happy if she saw it i'm like well its all true there's no lies she wouldn't tell me what screen shots this person took or of what posts so i have no idea so i said i have no privacy in my life when social services are involved she replied no you don't now i have another local authority who have been involved for a lot longer who do not stalk my social media and do not care what i do in my private life so i told them about this conversation and they even said they don't check people's social media (i have deleted twitter and facebook now because of this interfering local authority), well i have just seen on my mothers facebook that this carer has put photos up of my daughter and my exs mother has commented now she isn't allowed to see my daughter that was a decision made by a social worker not me because they have shown no interest until they went to this carer now im convinced she is seeing my daughter but obviously cant prove it but surely photos on social media isn't allowed for this reason same as none of my exs family is allowed contact and my ex definitely isn't i just cant prove he is, this carer and family was stalking me a year or 2 back when i was taking my brother to work at 8am as when i had contact she would say i seen your car in this place when the only time i was there was to take him to work she works 2 mins down the road from her house in a nursing home an her partner works no where near where i was at that time of day but the social worker would tell me im paranoid yet she never come to contact on her own always with a car full of people my car at the time stood out it was a blue juke.
also with regards to the sleeping arrangements what are they for a kinship placement as for fostering its a spare bedroom but my daughter shares with a teenage my daughter has just turned 4

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: kinship carers what rule do they abide by? HELP!!!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:57 am

Dear A123,

Welcome back to the Parent’s forum.

I can see that you are worried about your daughter’s carer putting photos of your daughter on social media. You wonder whether this is allowed. You are also concerned about the sleeping arrangements.
Is there still a care order or does the kinship carer have a court order such as a special guardianship order? Let me know what the position is so I can answer correctly.
Kind regards,
Suzie

A123

Post by A123 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi Suzi
she's under a care order I put a complaint in as i was advised when I spoke to someone in your office, the manager said they promote it as its family so i said I have said no from day 1 that i did not want her on social media well by the end of the conversation and me saying about my exs mother who is not allowed contact as per a social workers decision and she is now friends with this carer on social media and that you can save photos on facebook to phones ect and that my daughters father is now out of prison and that he definitely is not allowed contact and the photos are in school uniform with the school name and logo identifiable he can go and sit near the school to see her if he wishes and no one would know, during the conversation i asked what the long term plan is as my daughter is now 4 the plan was an SGO but because the carer cannot communicate with me an makes things impossible it will have to be long term foster care so i asked the manager if she new about the dbt therapy and the fact that i had finished with reflect the courts are aware of significant changes anyway so now the manager has decided to reassess me after my opposing of an adoption order case finishes in the new year although we are not sure which was that is going to go with the evidence that they have just thrown in to the mix we have to wait on the judge in January to see if she will grant me permission for leave for the placement order.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:25 am

Dear A123

Thank you for your post, I am sorry that due to volume of work your earlier post did not receive a response and, as a result, you have bumped it up.

I see from your post that having had a conversation with the team manager about your concerns relating to your daughter’s photograph being posted on social media that and the long terms plan regarding her placement, there appears to have been a change towards you possibly, being assessed.

As you are making an application to the court regarding the placement order and a decision will be made by the court in January, it is not really possible for me to give any indication of what the outcome is likely to be. It will be a decision for the after considering all the evidence.

Should the judge grant leave for you to apply to revoke the placement order, then children’s services may go ahead with an assessment of you bearing in mind the changes you have made since your daughter was removed from your care. I can only suggest that you continue to make and sustain the changes so you can put your position to the court as to why the placement order should not remain in place.

I am including for your information a copy of our advice sheet Reuniting children in the care system with their families for more information.

Best wishes

Suzie

A123

Post by A123 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi Suzie
the case that is currently in court is for my m=youngest child not the child in the kinship placement, since i made the formal complaint the carer has put more photos up on social media and i still have to go through a 3rd party for photos of my daughter the carer won't deal with me directly she is now saying she doesn't have my phone number when she done facetime back in lockdown, 3 years ago she told me she was given my address and all the court paperwork now she's telling the social worker she doesn't have my address i feel as if i'm in another abusive relationship so i told the team manager the same when i spoke to her yet nothing has been done, no one is listening to any of my safe guarding concerns or taking me seriously my daughter is 4 and shares a bedroom with a 13 year old i feel she deserves her own room but again no one is interested the council would say the house is over crowded surely due to their rules?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:18 am

Dear A123,

Thank you for your post.

You continue to be concerned about your child's kinship foster carer putting photos of your daughter on social media and her claims that she does not have your phone number or address. You are worried about your daughter sharing a room with another child, and do not feel as though anyone is listening to you.

You mention in a previous complaint that you have made a formal complaint. What was the outcome of this complaint? If you are not satisfied with this, you can escalate your complaint to stage 2 - there is more information on this on our advice sheet here.

Have you spoken to your daughter's IRO about your concerns, including photos being posted? Perhaps this could be discussed at the next LAC review and an agreement reached?

If you would like to speak with any of our advisers, feel free to call our confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366 between 09:30am and 3pm Mon - Fri. Please note that we are now closed until 4th January 2021.

Best wishes,

Suzie

A123

Post by A123 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:15 pm

Hi suzie
the outcome of the complaint at the time was the they encourage photos on social media :evil: because its a family placement, so i raised what i would say are safeguarding issues such as her school logo is clearly visible her father could turn up at the school hes now released from prison and bothers with a known sex offender. his mother is also not allowed contact with my daughter as per a social workers say so and is friends with the carer and can see the photos and can save the photos to her phone off facebook, so i had to write in my statement for my adoption case that this authority said they were going to reass me when the adoption case had concluded so i wrote it word for word, well the social worker for my daughter who they want to adopt contacted the manager who i spoke to about the complaint and has called me a liar that conversation never happened now they are saying im undermining the carer when she doesn't communicate with me its all through a 3rd party the social worker, and now my mother has been brought into it for me to be able to recieve photos because she refuses to communicate, they are blaming me for the reason the carer not wanting an SGO when she never wanted one from day one 3 years ago and has told both myself and my mother.