Help

BSM48

Help

Post by BSM48 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:26 am

I need advice literally at my wits end, social worker has lied to a court that I'm stopping her access to my child who is on cpr. The la have started care proceedings I have done everything they have asked of me, they haven't been granted an interim care order and I have been advised that they haven't the grounds to get one. Child is on register because I allowed her to see her dad behind their backs. I have proof that she is lying everytime I call she cuts me off and she won't reply to my voicemails. If I call her office they tell me she is working from home. The office manager also won't return my calls. My solicitor has advised me to engage without finding out my side of the story. Any advice is welcome.

Wolfzone

Re: Help

Post by Wolfzone » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:22 pm

What are the terms of any order or agreement as to your child having contact with her dad?

What grounds does the county council rely upon to bring the care proceedings?

As the interim care order (ICO) was not granted, this is a good sign for your child and you. What stage are the proceedings at?

You should, from now onwards, keep everything in writing between the county council and yourself, this will provide you with evidence as to what is being said and by whom.

Kind regards

Wolfzone

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:47 am

Dear BSM48,

Welcomed to the Parent’s Forum. I am Suzie, FRG’s online adviser.

I can see that the local authority has started care proceedings in respect of your daughter. They applied for an interim care order, but the court did not grant this. I am assuming that your daughter remains at home with you.
The care proceedings should normally be completed within 26 weeks. At the end of the proceedings the court will be deciding whether your daughter has suffered or is at risk of suffering significant harm. If the court decides that that she has or is at risk, then the court will decide where your daughter will live. Here is our advice sheet about care proceedings and FAQ’s about care.

It sounds like dad is considered to be dangerous to your daughter. The child protection plan was made because you allowed your daughter contact with him. The application to court was on the basis that the social worker says that you are not allowing her access to your daughter and so she just cannot tell whether she is safe.
Your solicitor says you need to cooperate. I assume this means you need to let social workers see your daughter. Here is a FAQ about children being seen by a social worker HERE. Are you doing this?

But you say you are struggling to speak to the social worker as she does not return your calls.
If you cannot speak to the social worker, leave a message asking her to return your call and make a note in your diary of what you said in the voice mail. Let your solicitor know you are doing this. Here are tips for working with the social worker.

If you want to speak to the social worker about her evidence, do not ring her to do this. Instead there will be an opportunity for you to file a statement in response. You and your solicitor will need to work on this. Speak to your solicitor again about this. She needs to explain why she is not accepting your position.

You do not say why dad is dangerous. If it is due to domestic violence you have suffered (which will impact on your daughter), have you been offered support via Women’s Aid or another DV organisation? If so, I urge you to take up any support offered. This will show that you are taking steps to change and protect your daughter.
If, dad is considered to a sexual abuse risk to your daughter, look at the Parents Protect website or NSPCC for support or courses that you can do.
What is dad’s risk to your daughter?
What other steps can you take now, during the proceedings, to show that you are working with the social worker? Did you do everything you need to do under the CP plan?
Ask your solicitor what she means by saying “cooperate”. What does she expect you to do? Get her to set it out for you-in writing if that helps.
If you are suffering ill health in any form (such as a mental health condition) make sure you get advice from your GP. This shows that you are looking after yourself so that you can look after your daughter.

In case the court decides that it is not safe for your daughter to stay living with you, do you have any family or friends who could assessed to care for your daughter? If so, give those names to your solicitor.
I hope my advice helps. If you need further advice, please post again or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366.
Best wishes,