Please i need advice for second pregnancy

MHA9876

Please i need advice for second pregnancy

Post by MHA9876 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi, We were reffered due to miscommunication of GP . She though the incident is new although it was back in 2016. When i delivered my first child 2
2018 SW opened case of an incident of pushing in a arguement it was minor . No police called nothing. And it was in 2016. i was going through pregnancy hormones so i mentioned it to selfhelp lady. she made a referral. They did 2-3 meetings Child in need and closed the case in 3 weeks times. In 2019 feb i went to GP and was talking about my Talking therapy which i did on my own it wasnt related to Sw. and i mentioned the 2016 incident to GP and she wrote in report that its new. SW came we cleared things She closed case that i ll keep Talking therapy and theres no concern of baby and anything so they closed case in 2-3 meeting(it was also 3 weeks)
everything has been positive nothing happened after 2016 though it was just a heated argument. i wasnt even pregnant. now i am pregnant again. i havent been to first midwife appointment. Please guide me what will happen will they contact again to SW about pregnancy? How do i.manage this its so stressfull for me..

swim

Re: Please i need advice for second pregnancy

Post by swim » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:18 am

Really sad to hear about this... you'd hope medical professionals would be accurate with their data (though to be fair this sounds like an innocent misunderstanding)

GDPR is your friend here - first you can ask the doctors to correct the dates in your record where a mistake / innacuracy has been made. They have a duty to make sure all information is accurate. I'd give them the rough dates of your talking therapies so they can check for themselves - if they had reffered you themselves they should already have this. If a further refferal is made due to this not being corrected I would go through the doctors complaints proceedure.

I would make a 'Subject access request' to social services (look on your councils website - they usually fulfil this request) and possibly the midwives (through your hospital). If a refferal is mentioned by the midwives (can't say a push four years ago sounds risky behaviour to me) you can show their own paperwork that this has already been investigated and closed. You can also express that you've asked for the mistake to be corrected and are just waiting for confirmation, so ask the midwife to check with the doctor first.

I wouldn't stress about it - it was already cleared up, any refferal to SS should go through screening which should see it's historic and you've been cleared. You've also proven you can parent safely, so lots of positive factors in your case. My guess is it won't even come up (but make preparations if that keeps you calm).

I'm sure you'll be fine :-)

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Please i need advice for second pregnancy

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:24 am

Dear MHA9876,

Welcome to the Parents Forum. My name is Suzie, Family Rights Group's online adviser. Congratulations on your pregnancy.
I am sorry for the delay in replying to your post. I can see that swim has also given you advice.
I can see that children services have recently carried out an assessment after your GP made a referral using a wrong date. It sounds like the social worker accepted the error and was happy that you were taking part in talking therapies.

Your midwife will ask about children services involvement as this is a standard question. It is best to be honest and explain what has happened. If she makes a further referral, then this will be linked up to the recent one from the GP, and so should not go any further-as there has already been an assessment.

I hope my advice helps. If you need further advice please post again or call our advice line on 08080 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Suzie