New pregnancy

Simplifewanted

New pregnancy

Post by Simplifewanted » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi,
I have recently found out I am pregnant. My last pregnancy 5 years ago, I struggled with alcohol and failed a drug test so was referred to SS. They opened a case but it was closed when my son was 3 months old and have had no other involvement since. My concern is that the hospital will refer me again just because of last time which I do not want as them being involved was such a horrible stressful time. I am now in recovery and have been sober for nearly 11 months. Can the hospital make a referral just based on my last pregnancy? (I asked for the help last time and they referred me which is not what I meant by help) and will they make me take a drug test through this pregnancy? I have nothing to hide but I just want this pregnancy to be ‘normal’ and no extra support as I have a massive support network from AA and also my family and friends. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: New pregnancy

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:07 pm

Dear Simplelifewanted

I have replied to your other post above.

Best wishes

Suzie