Nothing to say

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:38 pm

Nothing to say

Post by TJDM8 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:19 am

!!! ! ! !!!!!!!!!! !!! ! !!!!!
Last edited by TJDM8 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: Estranged Dad and Social Services

Post by Ignatious » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:13 am

As a father who has lost his children to the care system (for which I am still currently fighting for justice over what happened, and how), I understand and sympathise. My advice is do not give up, these are your children, fight for them and when the time is right and they understand, at least you can tell them with honesty and conviction, you fought and never gave up fighting for them.

Moving forward.
I see no reference to a solicitor. If you don't have one, get one. Most family law solicitors should/might offer a free consultation.
I'm no legal expert, but you share residency?, via a Child Arrangements Order? That's a legal court order that you could enforce. If social services have concerns, these should be fully explained to you. If their concerns are serious enough, they could initiate Public Law Proceedings (For which you should automatically get Legal Aid) but there are things they should usually do before then.

I'm presuming your a father with parental responsibility for your children. The school from what I am aware, may be in breach of Education Law (Something I was reading up on recently) in that you have a right to the information about your child(ren) as parent. Social Services involvement I believe is such a point that they do not hold parental responsibility. Should they interfere with your right, it would need to be justified (and without explanation is clearly not).

You could also apply for a subject access request, made through your local council / children's services on what information they have on file. Usually a surcharge, typically not exceeding £10 (as of the last figure I paid, not sure if it's increased) but this takes time.

It's not easy, I'm there. I've not been allowed to parent my children for the last almost 900 days. I'm concerned about your comment in relation to suicide. Here for some advice and support is a good start. Me, I could not nor would not do that to my children, or the rest of my family. Go and talk to your GP, ask what help they can give. They may refer you to a (local to you) Wellbeing group.

What's done is done, You can't change that, move on, learn, grow, but never give up.

I wish you well on regaining and rebuilding that relationship you have with your children. Keep us posted
I am a parent. My responses are not from any formal training background but from my own experiences, my own research and my own point of view.

Post Reply