What do you think about kids sleeping in their clothes?

Wirnnys

What do you think about kids sleeping in their clothes?

Post by Wirnnys » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:03 pm

This just really surprises me, especially since it is a first child. Anyway, dcgirl comes here straight from her bed. But sometimes she is not in jammies and is still wearing the clothes she had on the day before. She is 18mo.

I guess it is not life-threatening or anything but it makes me sad. She obviously has no bath/bedtime routine.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: What do you think about kids sleeping in their clothes?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:01 pm

Dear Wirnnys

Thank you for posting on the parents’ discussion forum.

It is not clear from your post what your relationship is to the child in question but, you seem to have concerns about how she is dressed and whether she has a proper bath/bedtime routine.

This may be something you can discuss with the child’s parents and, if a young parent, you may be able to give them the benefit of your experience.

For some people, what a child sleeps in may not be a high priority but this does not teach a child about routines and the bed/bath time routine you mention in your post. There may a good reason for the occasions on which the little girl is not changed but try to speak sensitively to the parents about the situation.

Perhaps you could suggest that the parent/parents make contact with Family Lives on 0808 800 2222, this organisation offers support and advice for parents in all aspect of parenting.

Best wishes

Suzie