Negative assessment

Scraggy2021

Re: Negative assessment

Post by Scraggy2021 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:54 pm

Hi my name is XXXXX my 4 children are in short team foster care I have had 2 Pam assesments done 1 came back negative and I'm still waiting for the second one to say if it is negative or positive I have a court day in June to fight for them back is it harder to get them back if your Pam assesment is negative any help would be very nice.
Last edited by Suzie, FRG Adviser on Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderated by Suzie to maintain anonymity

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Negative assessment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu May 06, 2021 3:02 pm

Dear Scraggy2021,

Thank you for your post. You say that your 4 children are in short-term foster care. You have undergone one PAMS assessment, which was negative, and are awaiting the outcome of a second PAMS assessment. You mention that there is a court date in June - do you know which hearing this is? You would like to know whether it would be more difficult for your children to be returned to your care following a negative assessment.

You say that you have already had one PAMS assessment; I am presuming that the outcome of this assessment was challenged in court by your solicitor and that the judge agreed to another assessment being completed. Is this the case? Should the second assessment be positive, this will be the assessment that your legal representative will want the court to consider. If the second assessment is also negative, it is very important that you get a copy of this as soon as possible and consult your solicitor as to what you can do next.

The PAMS assessment is an important piece of evidence, but not the only thing, that the court will consider when making a decision at the final hearing. The court will only grant a longer-term care order if it is satisfied that the threshold for significant harm has been met and that removal is in the children's best interests. At all times, the children's welfare will be the paramount consideration. You may find it helpful to read more about this and care proceedings here.

Another important part of care proceedings is parallel planning for the children's care in case they are unable to return to your care. Have you put forward any family or friends to be assessed as alternative carers?

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie