False allegations

LGP

False allegations

Post by LGP » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:06 pm

A professional has made innuendo and direct absolute false allegations in their report against me accusing me of suffering from alcoholism in their attempt to justify their actions by further alleging putting our child at risk.
Unbelievable !!
I am not an alcoholic.
How can one prove that these preposterous allegations are unfounded by challenging this lie.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: False allegations

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Dear LGP

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thanks for posting.

I am sorry that you believe that there has been false allegations made against you by a professional. Unfortunately, you do not say who in what capacity the professional has been involved with you or your family.

If someone has alleged that you are an alcoholic and this is not the case I suppose you could agree to disclose your medical records; agree to have tests to show you are not consuming alcohol.

As you say the professional has made these unfounded allegations then you should find out who you can complain to in the organisation where the person is employed. If the person is independent then you can get information about complaints from that person’s professional body.

Unfortunately, am unable to offer more advice as you have given very limited information.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

LGP

Post by LGP » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Thank you for your reply and I apologise for the short narrative. I have requested a Subject Access Report, and Medical Records Access report as the responsible parent, and will update my post in due course.
Thank you again.

LGP

Post by LGP » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:42 pm

Despite us obtaining a Subject Access Request file, and requesting any false information to be removed, Children's Services have refused. Saying they have a duty under the Children's Act to....... bla bla bla.
I know for a fact that the information obtained, and recorded my CSS by a School Nurse was by a 'box-ticking' portal gleaned from my daughter. And the information was twisted, distorted and they put it on file which is nothing but erroneous and blatant lies.
We're not just saying that...its actually true.
I am concerned this will effect my daughters future education.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:11 am

Dear LGP

Thank you for posting again.

I see from your post that the information which you say is incorrect and recorded in children’s services records relate to information received from a school nurse. This suggests that any complaint that you have in relation to the erroneous information lies with the school nurse and the school rather than children’s services.

The information may have led to children’s services carrying out an investigation. I do not think this makes what was said true in itself but will depend on the outcome of the investigation. If you have evidence to show that the information is incorrect then you could provide this to children’s services and ask for it to be placed on file so that anyone reading the file will see your version of events as well.

I am not sure why you think your daughter’s education might be affected but, if this is the case, then you should go through the school’s complaints procedure to ensure that information held by the school is correct. It is, however, unlikely that her education should be affected by children’s services having been involved because of a referral.

If you believe children’s services have acted unreasonably in refusing your request then you may wish to make a formal complaint. I have included our advice sheet Challenging decisions and making complaints which you might find helpful.

I hope this is helps.

Best wishes

Suzie

LGP

Post by LGP » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:57 am

Hi
Thank you for that advice.
Regards.