Court case

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Court case

Post by K681 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:47 pm

Hi I need some help im in the middle of fighten for my children back but the social worker got told by the court to do parent assessment but she refused to do so and refused to do any more assessment and already made her decision base on it witch by law is wrong whitch my legal mate application to court what advice would you give to this now can anybody help me please

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3103
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Court case

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Dear K681

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, and I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you and your family are experiencing.

I think that you are in care proceedings at the moment. From what you say, there is a discrepancy between the court directing that you have a parenting assessment and the social worker not completing this as they have done previous assessments. Your solicitor has applied to the court in relation to this – this is the right response. When a case is being considered in the court, the court needs to be notified if directions are not being followed. Your solicitor is best placed to give you specific legal advice and represent you in relation to this.

If you are not in care proceedings but instead are involved in a private law case then you can seek advice via Child Law Advice.

If you have had parenting assessments before and they have been negative have you addressed or accessed support to help you do things differently or more consistently? Try to find out more about what exactly the concerns are and how you can respond to them. You can look again at any completed assessments to help you prepare for a future one.

You may find our information on care proceedings and looked after child review processes helpful. This information sets out the different stages of care proceedings and should help you identify what stage you are at and how to prepare. if your children are in foster care they will also have an Independent Reviewing Officer to chair their LAC review meetings and to ensure that the care plan for the children is being followed. If there are issues, as you have stated above, you can also let the IRO know as well as querying with the social worker and their manager.

Have you been offered a family group conference yet as part of the proceedings or before your children’s case went to court? If not, you can ask for this to be arranged to bring together your family and friends network to either help you care for the children or to identify carers from your network.

I hope this helps.

If you would like to speak to an adviser about your situation please call the freephone advice line on 0808 8010366; the lines are open between 9.30 am and 3.00 pm, Mon to Fri.

Best wishes


Post Reply