Urgent help please

Fizzybubbly

Urgent help please

Post by Fizzybubbly » Mon May 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Hello
I've been put straight onto a child protection plan.
I have a virtual meeting on Wednesday morning and I feel that I'm not being listened to. I'm so scared they will remove my children and I have very bad anxiety.
I fear I will have questions fired at me and will answer wrongly.
I had social services 19 years and and again 8 years ago. They think because it is the same problem, they are putting us straight onto child protection without even talking to is properly.

Please can I private message you urgently.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Urgent help please

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 10, 2021 12:50 pm

Dear Fizzybubbly,

Welcome to the Parent’s Forum. I am Suzie, one of the online advisers.
I can see that there has been an assessment and children services were holding an initial child protection conference to decide whether your children will be put on child protection plan.
The conference will have now taken place. What was the outcome? If it is a child protection plan (CP plan), this will not give authority for your children to be removed from you. Child protection (CP) plans usually mean that children stay at home while support is put in place to help a parent. Children will be supported and monitored as well.

Here is some information about child protection plans and the child protection process. .

As you suffer from anxiety, were you offered an advocate to support you at the conference and any further child protection meetings? Advocates can help parents who have a "need" such as mental health difficulties, suffer from domestic violence or who have a learning difficulty. Here is information about advocacy.
If you did not have an advocate here is a template letter 1 if you want to ask for one for the next meeting.

You do not say what children services are worried about. Here is information about why they may be involved and support that might be available.

Have you been offered a family group conference? This is a way to find support within your friend and family network. Here is some information about family group conferences.

Your main worry is that your children will be removed from you.
Please look at our FAQ about when social workers can remove children from home which will hopefully put your mind at rest.

You ask about private message.
Yes, you can private message me and I will answer you. However, Family Rights Group prefers that parents post on the main forum with any confidential information such as names and areas you live removed from the post. This is so that other parents can help you and also because my answer may also help other parents who are in a similar situation.
I hope my advice is helpful. If you need further advice, please post again or you could also call our confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes,

Suzie