child in care

Lady123

child in care

Post by Lady123 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:27 am

I have been trying to call for weeks but there is no answer. I need some urgent assistance in regards to my child who has been taken into care unlawfully.

Please help.

swim

Re: child in care

Post by swim » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:34 pm

What's happened? Perhaps some of the readers on here will have been through a similar experience?!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: child in care

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:23 pm

Lady123 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:27 am I have been trying to call for weeks but there is no answer. I need some urgent assistance in regards to my child who has been taken into care unlawfully.

Please help.
Dear Lady123

I am sorry that you have not been able to get through to us on our telephone service, do keep trying our service is covered by advisers every weekday and we have more than one incoming line available, it is a very busy service. The service opens at 9.30am and closes at 3.00pm, just after 10.00am may be a good time to try. The number is 0808 801 0366.

In the meantime our advice sheets may give you an idea about the circumstances in which children can be taken into care. Firstly one about what happens when you ‘agree’ that you child can be accommodated, Children looked after by Children’s Services under a voluntary arrangement and below is an extract of page 3 of our advice sheet number 15:

When can children’s services get involved in arranging my child’s care?

Children’s services (previously known as social services) are responsible for making sure that children are safe and well enough cared for by their parents or the person looking after them. Sometimes children’s services receive information that makes them worry about a child’s welfare. If they believe that your child may be harmed, they must take action to protect your child. Depending on the information they receive they may:

• make child protection enquiries and make plans to keep your child safe; or
• decide to apply straight to court if they think your child is or may be suffering harm and they can’t be protected in some other way.

However, it is important to note that: - Children’s services must get the permission of the court to remove your child against your wishes. Here ‘court’ means family court judges or magistrates who make decisions about children; and - the only time Children’s services won’t need either your or the court’s permission remove your child is if they think your child is in immediate danger in which case they can ask the police to use their powers to keep them safe.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie