Falsely accused of hurting my baby

DE1318

Falsely accused of hurting my baby

Post by DE1318 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:57 pm

So this is a long story but I need serious advice and help as I am absolutely broken.

I took my baby out in his pram last sunday we travelled down four flights of stairs as I live in a flat I stupidly didn’t strap him in anyway when we returned to my flat he was screaming my partner went to change him when he discovered both bum cheeks to be bruised I was horrified and rang the local hospital straight away with no hesitation especially as he was born with heart problems. I rushed him into hospital and because they couldn’t explain any medical reason for this I was instantly accused of hurting my precious baby. They did further scans to find a brain bleed and broken shoulder the brain bleed they cannot find when it started probably was born with it though and the shoulder they claim was 7-10 days ago which is impossible because I have never hurt my child unless it got broken during my difficult labour and was accidentally broken during being changed. There now saying I caused these injuries and my child cannot be in my care anymore I am absolutely distraught I need my baby back I am innocent and need him back as quick as possible how do I prove I am not guilty and how can social rip my family apart without getting hard evidence it’s awful

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Falsely accused of hurting my baby

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:21 pm

Dear DE1318,

Welcome to the Parents Forum . I am Suzie, FRG’s online adviser.

I can’t imagine how unset you must have felt to find out about your baby’s injuries and then for your baby to be removed from you. I am really sorry that you in this situation. Are you able to have any contact with him at the moment?

You say you did not cause the injuries. Do you know how they could have been caused? The doctors should explore whether your baby has an underlying health condition that might have contributed to the injuries. Is there any history in your family of broken bones, for example?

Until the police, children services and the doctors have a better idea as to how your baby got the injuries they cannot take any risks by leaving baby with you or your partner or anyone else who might have had contact with him. This is in case the injuries were caused deliberately. If you know you have not caused the injuries, do you have any idea who might have done so, if it is fouind that the injuries are non- accidental?

Ask your solicitor whether there will be any circumstances where your baby could be placed back with you such as a mother and baby placement.
Is your baby placed with a relative or friend? If not, is there anyone in your network who could be assessed to care for your baby during the court proceedings? if so, give their details to your solicitor.

Here are FAQ’s about care proceedings .

The most important thing you can do is get a solicitor who has experience of cases involving babies with injuries as the medical evidence can be complex. Check with your solicitor that they have this experience or you can look on solicitors websites. It is important that you and the other parent have separate solicitors.

Parents Accused has useful information their website.

The child protection resource explains how the courts deal with these kind of cases.

I hope my advice helps. Please post back or call our advice line on 0808 801 0366 if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
Suzie