What a nightmare.

BMT1008

What a nightmare.

Post by BMT1008 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:23 pm

Hi,

Anyone had a similar situation? I had my first court hearing in January to get regular access to my son. Whilst I understand Cafcass have to do their checks from the police and children's services, I did not expect children's services would lie about me.

I had rang children's services last year regarding a separate incident to check if there was anything on my son's record or if there was a record for myself. I was told there wasn't one for myself, there was a file for my son but there was nothing on his file neither.

2 days before my hearing I find information had been passed to Cafcass regarding my mental health. I knew this information was untrue so submitted a data request and was told the information they had passed on was incorrect.

I now can't get any answers from children's services and have raised a formal complaint against them in February, the situation has caused me so much distress and anxiety but I don't want to go to my doctor's incase this is used against me in the future. They are telling me they didn't have to contact me prior to them sharing the information, but will not tell me how the incorrect information came to be on my son's file, or the date it was placed on the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frazor

Re: What a nightmare.

Post by Frazor » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:45 pm

Yes what a nightmare i totally get you it is awful how the people that are supposed to help our children are clearly causing our children to live in fear and the reasons the files are not being past to the parents in my experience is that of they fear being exposed, i was only passed files on what exactly what was said based on me and my children intil after the last court hearing where due to a pack of lies they got a care order, i was passed reports off services that would of proved what was on ss files were all false. I'm fighting my own trauma what they have caused me and my children, i now have all letters off the services that i worked with to prove that not one of them had concerns about me as a parent, as they lied in court and said i had not stook to the plan on working with different services which was not true i have been put through hell and now they have an inkling that i have more of an understanding after digging through a really big pile of letters they are trying there hardest to take me back to court to take my children away from me, i live in fear this is my family they are trying to take from me, they will tell me that is not the case and that they are just trying to help me with my mental health. My true understanding of this whole twisted system at this point is i need to act fast and i am fighting alone to save my family being taken away for what reasons? There aren't any reasons so I'm seeking help searching the Web on how to get my truth out and take my evidence on files that prove that they lied to try to steal my children and still intend on doing so. And also in my belief intil parents like us get access to files that were not shared with us when we need them they get away with taking children into care for all the wrong reasons, we are not the authority's and so in my case have found it hard seeking advice and taking steps further due to the fact I'm scared of how far they will go to hide evidence and listening in court to lies said by the local authority i have never had chance to get my voice heard due to similar situations like yours files being hidden and maybe probably being destroyed. If any of this helps you understanding your not alone lovely you fight for true findings. The truth as to come out in the end we as loving parents hope. Take care

BMT1008

Post by BMT1008 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:23 am

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. It does appear that the whole system is broke. So what if I/we or anybody for that matter has had mental health issues as long as it doesn't affect our parenting why should it matter.

When I had my first meeting with Cafcass it was all about what the other party had said, their concerns and their lies they had told. By time they spoke to me I didn't stand a chance, my voice wasn't heard.

I'm going to find out the truth and won't stop until I do. Maybe a little trip to the local papers might be an idea, start getting Local authorities recognised for the dodgy things that are happening.

Pleased I'm not alone

Frazor

Post by Frazor » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:15 am

I

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Dear BMT1008

Welcome to Family Rights Group’s parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, and I am an online adviser. I am sorry that there has been a delay in responding to you.

You are going through private law proceedings to get to spend regular time with your son. As you have explained, you have discovered that children’s services held and shared information with the court which did not relate to you and was noted on your son’s record in error. I can see that this has caused you a great deal of stress and anxiety and you have had to go to some effort to try to establish how this has happened. This has also taken time and effort on your part.

You have done the right thing by making a formal complaint to children’s services about there being incorrect information recorded on your son’s record and that this incorrect information was shared with the court as part of your child arrangement order (CAO) proceedings. If you made the complaint in February and you have not yet had a satisfactory response within the timeframe you should be able to proceed to stage 2 of the complaints process. Here is our advice sheet which explains this in more detail.

You could also contact the Information Commissioner (ICO)to discuss your concern as it relates to data; if the information is not about you then it must be someone else’s information and therefore another person (and their child/ren may be affected by this). Here is a link to the ICO’s website and more information about access to records and data sharing.

I am sorry that you don’t feel heard in the court process. If you are unhappy about CAFCASS they also have a complaints procedure but we do not advise on this; you can contact Child Law Advice if you don’t have a solicitor and need some advice about the CAO proceedings.

You make a valid observation about mental health difficulties – it is only if they are adversely impacting on a parent’s capacity to parent safely that they are relevant to children’s services. I hope that you do have access to emotional support for yourself and that you will feel able to talk to your doctor if you need to.

I hope this is helpful.

With best wishes

Suzie