Corrupt Social Worker

mascotty02

Corrupt Social Worker

Post by mascotty02 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:00 pm

Hi am in desperate need of help,

M girlfriend and I was having a debate and unfortunately my girlfriend called the police and this was on a couple of occasions, nothing happened as she had retracted the statements as she knew nothing had really happened, the social worker turned up and she instantly took a dislike to me and started making trouble and basically has had it in for me from the word go. she had forced my girlfriend to admit that I had been bullying her and threatening her and if she did not make that statement or sign a statement then she will have the twin girls (5 months) taken into care, and she could do it there and then, my girlfriend in panic said yes to stop this happening and was in tears and emotional at the time and she then placed my girlfriend into a shelter, I was told I had to get out, and then before I knew there had been a child protection plan against me so I cannot go to the house, my girlfriend was in the shelter until last month when she had gone to the shops and received a message stating there had been a report of covid in the shelter and not to go back there so she went back to her home where I am not allowed in. There are assessments we have to do however due to the lies and slander from the social worker in the first place this mess would not be a mess.
I need someone to help me fight this and although am on Universal credit I will try and sort anything out so I can 1. get back to my home with my twin girls 2. with my girlfriend and 3. our family home unit again
Thank you for any help and advice in advance
Mike

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Corrupt Social Worker

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Dear Mascotty02,

Welcome to the parents' board and thank you for your post.

You say in your post that your girlfriend has called the police to your home on a number of occasions; she has withdrawn statements and therefore this had led to no further action from the police. Children's services are now involved and you say the social worker has forced your partner into saying that you have bullied and threatened her, and that if she does not do so, your twin girls will be removed into care. You partner then moved into a shelter, where had been living until last month, but has now returned home. You have been asked not to go to the home and your children are now subject to a child protection plan. You do not agree with the action being taken by children's services and would like to move back into the family home in order to be with your partner and children.

I can see from your post that whilst you may not agree with the action children's services have taken in this situation, it is clear they have significant concerns about the safety of your partner and your children. The fact that your partner called the police to your home on multiple occasions indicates that she may not have felt safe, and this is likely to cause children's services to be worried enough to initiate child protection enquiries, which has resulted in your children being placed on a child protection plan. This means that all the professionals involved in your children's lives, including the independent child protection chair, agree that your children have suffered or are likely to suffer significant harm.

You say that the social worker asked your partner to sign a statement and said that if she did not do this, your children would be taken into care. What statement was this? It may be that children's services are concerned that your partner does not feel able to be honest about what she has experienced. It is also important to note that your children can only be removed either by the police for a period of 72 hours, or if they make an application to the courts and a court order is granted.

You have been asked to not return to the family home; this may be so that further risk assessments/intervention can be completed. Whilst you may be legally entitled to return, if you do so, children's services may become more concerned and escalate their level of involvement. It is important, firstly, that you fully understand what children's services are concerned about. Have you seen a copy of the child protection plan? If not, you should request this as it will clearly state the reasons for concern and what the safety goals are, including what the expectations are of you. You can read more about the child protection process here.

Have you spoken to children's services about having contact with your children in a safe way? You can ask the social worker to risk assess you, and may be able to support you with having supervised contact initially. If you are dissatisfied with the contact arrangements that children's services put forward, you can apply to courts for a child arrangements order. There is more information here.

It is important that you work with children's services effectively now so that you can all work towards your children being safe in any circumstance. If you are unhappy with how you have been treated at any point, you can make a formal complaint - look here for information on how to do this.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie