Is this legal

Frazor

Is this legal

Post by Frazor » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:13 pm

Is it legal for social services to come to the hospital after giving birth to my baby asking me to sign a letter to allow them to take my baby for adoption and my son who was 7 at the time to be taken into care, despite me knowing they were involved at the time i had not met any of the social workers that came to the hospital.

DJR434

Re: Is this legal

Post by DJR434 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:36 pm

I have no idea. But its oppressive practice that needs to be challenged.

Frazor

Post by Frazor » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Could anyone in the group please explain to me what this means and how i go about doing this,I still thankfully still have my children living at home with me, although social services applied fór an interim care order in court in 2017 they since had parental responsibility over my 2 children, I told services involved that i did not agree with there desition ,i was told by a social worker who i had met for 30 minutes as the original social worker had left her job , he had spoken to me in the half hour of meeting me and had not ever been to my home and so had not even met my children at all,he warned me i had to go along with an interim care order on the basis that my children stay with me in my care at our home that if i was to challenge there desision that my children would permanently be taken away from me and my daughter would be adopted and my son would go into foster care. I have done all that as been asked of me as a parent all services that social services involved have no concerns what so ever about my ability to care for my children i have every letter from day 1 in 2016 until now, i have fought every step of the way alough there are so many things wrote in these notes from the start until now i was told that what as been written about myself that i could have proven not to be true still I've been told not to speak as the court would not listen to my side therefore i do not stand any chance,i still due to different SW come and go really understand what is what. I'm so scared my children of course are my life.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:35 pm

Dear Frazor,

Thank you for your post.

In your first post, you state that a social worker came to the hospital after you gave birth to your child, and asked you to sign a letter consenting to your baby being taken for adoption and for your 7 year old son to be placed into care. It is not legal for a social worker to ask you to consent to adoption in this way and a process would need to be followed in court.

It may be that the social worker asked you to consent to both your children being accommodated – and becoming looked after children - under Section 20 . This is a voluntary agreement between you and the local authority, which should have been explained to you at the time. The social worker should have explained your rights and the responsibilities of the local authority in relation to looking after your children. This kind of voluntary accommodation cannot happen if someone who has parental responsibility for the child objects and is able to provide and arrange accommodation themselves.

You mention that children’s services were granted an interim care order in 2017 which means that care proceedings were initiated. Can you clarify what the outcome of these proceedings were? From your post, I understand that both your children are currently in your care. You mention that that the local authority has parental responsibility for your children, which would imply that they have a care order. Is this the case?

You also said that you were told you had to go along with the interim care order by the social worker at the time, and that if you did not do so, your children would be removed. Were you represented by a solicitor at this time, and if so, was this information shared with them?

I am unclear from your post as to what the current status of children’s services involvement in your children’s lives is. If you would like to speak to one of our advisers, you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

Best Wishes,

Suzie

Frazor

Post by Frazor » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:47 pm

Dear suzie
I have routed through my notes from the LA and yes it states that my 2 children are on a care order with them having parental responsibility, you asked what involvement they had with me and previously before my daughter was born and that was only once in 2014 when I had asked my mum 2 pick my son up from school as i was going to visit my eldest son, my mum agreed that she would pick him up, but never did and told ss that i had not asked her. That was unlike my mum the answer to that was that my mum had alzheimers disease but we did not know this intil 2016 and my mum is now in a care home. So rightfully at the point of no one coming to collect my son from school ss got involved, luckily my son was returned home to me the next day, due to local police officers that patrol our area where we live knowing that i have always looked after my children they made sure they would bring my son home the next morning. A social worker came on 3 occasions to visit us at that time and closed the case. After there was no involvement, up intil 2016 when i was told by them 2 social workers they were taking me to court the next day to take both my children. There reason being that i concealed my pregnancy which was not true as i did not find out i was 28 weeks pregnant when i went to see the nurse thinking i was only a couple of months as i was 39 years old at that time i thought i was on the change. And i was being honest when they told me how far gone into my pregnancy i was i cried to the midwife and explained that i did not want anymore children the reason being that bringing my 2 boys up alone and know how hard the world was and the other reason being was my age. But they had written in notes that i had told a health visitor i did not want my baby because i could not it as i did not want another child. Which was not what i said at all. And when my daughter was born my goodness i loved her from that moment onwards. I'd never spoken to any social workers up intil the day they had come to the hospital they wrote in notes that they attempted to contact me at my home on several occasions and that i had been ignoring the door which was not true. I was passed a file of notes a few weeks after arriving home there was so many lies written. For what reason they were doing this to me was shocking. On the day in court when got the care order i did not have a solicitor instead i was given a barrister which did not even speak 2 me in court and did not say a word in the court room, they have since tried taking me back to court to take my children although they say in meetings they are only trying to help me and that they are not involved to take my children, which again is not true. The reason for trying to take me back to court was because my son arrived late on 2 occasions at school. My sons attendance is 95% they r trying to find any reason they can because they know that they can, they don't help us what so ever, it's destroying to think how wrong and corrupt the whole situation really is.

Frazor

Post by Frazor » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:19 pm

Yes ss have a care order over my two children, my daughter is now 4 and my son is 11 and are both still in my care thank goodness, but i feel worried all the time as there is now another social as the other one as left her job, just like everyone of them have, the sw involved now i feel is pressuring me as he just turns up about twice a week giving me different orders what he says his manager is requesting him to do i have totally had enough of all the lies they have said i have a big bag full of letters from day one if anyone really took notice and read through the notes they would clearly see how corrupt the whole case against me is, there is a few things that are true but twisted with lies. I love and care for my children and all sw that have been involved have seen this but due to the care order which should never have happened as i did not agree to anything all i was told is they were saying my children will be looked after and cared for, that left me thinking that they were saying my children are looked after and cared for by me.. So i believed at that point they were on my side as you can see i didn't have a clue to be honest what it all meant, intil looking thing up myself, after doing so i felt ill to think of all the lies i will never trust any of them again, i know they are plucking at straws to find something to take me back to court, if they cannot see after 4 years that my children are safe cared for and loved by me im all they have and my belief is because I'm on my own they can bully me. I'm now trying to seek legal advice as i am unsure if i can get a solicitor at this stage, i need to take it back to court myself and need professional held to do this. Something really does need to be done its wrong what they have done and still doing. If what was said about me was true fair enough but it's all goes off anonymous telephone calls from jealous haters. A lady from the IFSS phones me and she agrees that ss need to . backoff and leave me and my family alone now its been 4 years to long, i just want to live my life in piece with my children, but instead they act like they own me. The law needs to be changed and fast people need to stop thinking about the money and help people but they haven't i will not and cannot give up my children are my world.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Dear Frazor

Thank you for your post and explaining more about your situation.

You say that your children are under a care order, living with you; and this has been the case for four years. Perhaps, as you say it is a good time to seek legal advice about discharging the order, here is a link to finding a solicitor and here is a link to find out whether you might be eligible to ‘legal aid’. Our advice sheet called Duties on Children’s Services when children are in the care system may also be helpful to you.

For your information there is a research project that would like to hear the views of parents whose children live at home with them under care orders (and others where a supervision order was made). If you are interested in sharing your experience and views, information about how to become involved in this project can be found here.

If you would like to speak with an adviser about your current situation our advice service would be happy to hear from you. The lines are open Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3.00pm and the number is 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes

Suzie