Harassment

Mankind5927

Harassment

Post by Mankind5927 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:28 am

My family has been harassed by children and family services for over 2y now assment after assment
They find nothing wrong every time they do one
And I have complained many times and taken it all the way but they keep coming
It starting to really get to me and my family
That there nothing we can do about it
I wrong that this keeps happening
All so they been telling people am a danger
They admit they did this and that it shud not have happened but did nothing about it

Miserylovescompany2

Re: Harassment

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:32 am

Hello

My family have also been bullied and harassed by Children's Services. I was actually threatened with police involvement because I asked what the purpose was for an assessment - I asked for a written response as I have communication difficulties verbally and I struggle to process large amounts of information. I was called unreasonable for making the request. The assessment never went ahead - I even had to go through a solicitor to establish CS concern.

Have you involved the director of CS yet? If you google - director of Children's services followed by your county - you should be able to find an email address.

You can also take concerns re SW competence to the HCPC - social workers are being struck off for various reasons. This could be a route you might wish to consider.

Did your complaint go as far as the ombudsman?

Mankind5927

Post by Mankind5927 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Ye sI have I All I have a complaint running
At this point in time with a member of government
Working with me to try and so solve it

This is the bad bit I think that the reson they
Doing a assessment is because I have ground to sue them for defamation of character
As they gave out wrong information about me
That put me and my family at risk

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:02 pm

I have seen a clear pattern evolve - each time I have initiated a complaint against CS they have written negative things about myself and my family.

I am currently in communication with the HCPC with regard to a report CS asked a lead clinical phycologist to write - except the contents will not be upheld under close scrutiny. This phycologist had never had a consultation with my son nor could he provide an expansion around how he had arrived at the conclusion he did. CS off of the back of a fabricated report claimed my son was not safe around his sibling - yet told me whilst I was on holiday with both children.

CS had a report on 6/11/18, 4 days before I went on a holiday they agreed could go ahead. 9 days after they had the report they told me. This report is still being withheld.

My son is looked after - removed under the category of beyond parental control. CS have failed him the day they took him.

If in your own case it was the incompetence of one SW - take your concern to the HCPC. If you go on the web page you will be able to enter the details of SW and find their registration number.

Our own battle has gone on for years - it has taken until now to get the evidence that will expose CS...(no doubt they will be planning their revenge as I type)

I sincerely hope that your complaint is upheld - what stage of the complaint process are you currently at?

QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:44 am

Hi Misery,

I really hope you and your children have had a happy, safe Christmas and that CS have left you alone. I also hope HCPC will make positives waves! I have spoken to HCPC once about my SW regarding her withholding a vital report that recommended tests be done to help get to the bottom of what happened to my late son - this report was withheld, the tests were not done and none of my son's family, including myself, knew of this report until 7 months after it was available. I've explained all of this to a man I spoke with at HCPC, he seems eager to investigate it but, as I explained to him, I'm worried that any complaint I make will just fuel the fire that is a very vindictive SW and heavily impact my son's case negatively. Basically, I'm afraid. Do you have any advice for me about this? xx

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello SSR,

Can I firstly say the letter to your MP is something that has needed addressing for years. I, myself, just like you have been a victim of DV. This victim blaming mentality has to stop. There is a clear ongoing need for support and education for not only the victims but the perpetrators otherwise this will just go around in a perpetual loop. Every professional that comes into contact with both the victim and the perpetrator needs training - it should be mandatory.

Christmas for my family was only sorted on Christmas Eve because I went to extraordinary measures to ensure my families time together was as safe as it could be. It wasn't CS that came up with a safety plan in the end it was actually my 17yo son. I was on the receiving end of insurmountable pressure to go ahead with two overnight contacts with no robust safety plan in sight. CS would of let this go ahead. Happily placing four people at risk of significant harm. I ended up emailing the director of CS to make her aware of the dire situation we'd been left in.

I have until the 2nd of January to get my evidence to the HCPC. I am hoping to tie in all the registered SW who have played their own part in the report written about my son. Since my email was sent to the SW on 22/10/18 there has been a clear retaliation from CS - the report was only part of this. They have been caught out - an entire team has mismanaged this and I have the supporting evidence to prove this.

Sometimes you only have a small window of opportunity to act on concerns - the SW in your own case should be made accountable for her failings. If there was a retaliation you'd be able to see it clearly on paper. I'd also think about whether you'd wish to take the comments of the judge further - they too have a regulator.

Fear ruled me for so many years - I eventually started fighting back. It hasn't been easy and at times doing so made my situation worse. If I had to do this over again in hindsight I would of initiated complaints sooner. Because they are your paper trail...

I have checked the HCPC regularly - the number of SW's being struck off is increasing. You can even look at the reason why such action was taken. Some cases go back years - maybe families made a freedom of information request and found discrepancies? Who knows, but the tide is slowly turning.

I also emailed Ofsted and asked if they could signpost me. I will copy and paste their response. When I get a moment. Maybe it will be of use to someone else also?

Misery xx

PerfectlySafeDad

Post by PerfectlySafeDad » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Offsted is a worthwhile avenue to try. In the case of my own Children's Services, I know they have failed their Offsted twice in recent years, and some magnificent all-powerful super-director was brought in (no doubt on a huge salary) to oversee two local authorities simultaneously! Amazing woman.
Of course, their response to their failings would have been to pull the draconian net ever-tighter and cause deeper and deeper harassment to more and more perfectly safe families.