ICO/payments from social

Queen bee

ICO/payments from social

Post by Queen bee » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:36 am

Hi I’m just asking for someone to help clear this up please as I’ve had mixed answers. I’ve seen online that if your child is on an interim care order the carer gets financial support off the local authority. Is this correct? If so is it only for children that have been removed or can you get it if your child still lives with parents on the ICO? Thank you.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: ICO/payments from social

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:34 pm

Dear Queen bee

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post.

You should check with your social worker and your solicitor what support and services you will receive (including any financial support) if children’s services obtain a ICO but your child stays in your care. The assessment of support needs is very important so that you can safely care for your child.

When a child lives with their parent under an interim care order (ICO) children’s services must draw up a placement plan which includes detailing the financial arrangements for the child’s upbringing while in the placement. This includes the services and support provide to help you meet your child’s needs, under the Placement with Parent Regulations.

Best wishes

Suzie