My daddy was arrested for talking to a minor

Worrieddaughter

My daddy was arrested for talking to a minor

Post by Worrieddaughter » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:12 pm

Hello
In August 2019 my daddy was arrested for talking to a minor online there was sexual induanuo s in the conversation, he said he was in a legal site and this person popped up to say hello to him turned out it was a policeman! he was supposed to go back to police station in six months after the arrest was called off twice and has to go back next week if it's not called off either they took his work computer phone and laptop aswell to get checked we have heard off no updates or anything is this normal not to get any updates! ***

*** Suzie edited out personal information to maintain confidentiality.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: My daddy was arrested for talking to a minor

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:18 pm

Dear Worrieddaughter

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am FRG’s online adviser. I am sorry that there has been a delay in responding to your post.

Your father is the subject of a police investigation in relation to alleged sexual communication with a child and you are querying the lack of updates received. From what you say, your father was to return to attend a police station a few weeks ago so hopefully he will now be clearer about what is happening from the point of view of the criminal investigation. The Stop It Now! Website and confidential advice line may be helpful to your father. He should also access legal advice from a criminal lawyer if needed.

You don’t say if you are an adult daughter or a child. If you are a child or there are children in your family then children’s services should have become involved in assessing the risks that your father may pose to any children in the family. If they have not yet been involved they may become involved. Here is a link explaining what children’s services do.

If you are a child or young person yourself and need help please contact your local children’s services, the police or Childline.

If you are a parent you can contact children’s services, the police or the NSPCC. You would be expected to safeguard your child/ren from any possible risks that your father may present.

Here is some information about child sexual exploitation and child sexual abuse for information .

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes
Suzie