Finding work amognst the chaos or in the future

MUM2019

Finding work amognst the chaos or in the future

Post by MUM2019 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pm

My son is now being placed into a interim SGO placement for the next 4-6 months as myself and my partner await psychological assessments and parenting assessments. Our judgement of our sons injury was accidental which is so positive but then we've had the bomb shell of waiting another 4-6 months for an IRH hopefully after positive assessments he can finally come home.

In the meantime i'm wanting to look for work after being a care assistant for adults before having my son and now i'm a pre student nurse looking for either voluntary work or part time work to support my studies before I go back to my access course in September and to keep myself busy and distracted from proceedings continuously. My dream job is to be a children's dermatology nurse but i'm worried my son's case is going to jeaopradise that in the future and plans for university in the future.

Do cases with Social Services affect people looking for employment or applying to university especially concerning working with children. Would this be visible on a DBS check that we were involved in a pending investigation obviously nobody has been convicted of any charges so I would presume not. Do social services have the right to inform employers working with children that you've previously been involved with social services or can employers find this out ? I have nothing to hide I would be open and honest with my employer/university of the events that have happened if they were explored, I just want to provide my son with the best future I can for him and for him to be proud of his mummy.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Finding work amognst the chaos or in the future

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:02 pm

Dear Mum2019,
Thank you for your further post.
I am not sure of the answer to your question. Do you know whether a referral has been made to the Disclosure and Barring Services? For more information about being barred from working with adults and or children please the Disclosure and Barring Service. They have a helpline you could contact - 03000 200 190.
Best wishes,
Suzie