RAPSS / Reunification Teams

Fighting2021

RAPSS / Reunification Teams

Post by Fighting2021 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:41 pm

Please can anyone provide further advice? My children have been in care since March 2020. We went through proceedings in July and the judge felt I needed more time to prove myself. I have now gathered all the evidence to prove myself and applied to discharge the care order, which has been self funded. The local authority have not completely opposed this, but seem to be dragging their heels which the judge has recognised. SS have been ordered to refer me to the RAPPS Team (reunification team) to start working with me over the next six months, where they are required to provide a midway report in September and a final report at the end of November with a court date in December (so all being well, my children could be home in time for Christmas).

My question is, has anyone had any involvement with a reunification team? What kind of work do they do? What will be expected of me? Trying to get information from my SW is like pulling teeth as she is very young and inexperienced, and I just want to ensure I am fully prepared to show commitment and engagement with the process, so that when we return to court in 6 months I am in the best possible position to get them home where they belong.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: RAPSS / Reunification Teams

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Dear Fighting2021

Welcome to the board, thank you for your post and your question.

I am glad to read that you were able to apply to discharge the care order on your children. Our website has some information about reunification, it can be found here. This Government guidance may be of interest to you too, see page 125.

It may be useful for you to keep a ‘diary’ of everything you are doing in relation to your preparations for the return of your children our ‘top tips’ about working with social workers may help, it is here.

Best wishes

Suzie