Page 1 of 1

Supervised visits

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:22 pm
by Happymotherof3
About 3 year go social services got involved and when they stopped then agreed that my sons dad would have to have supervised visits and if he wanted unsupervised then i had to ring them are he did so he can get reviewed where confused on how to do this as its been a few years now since it got put it place.

Re: Supervised visits

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:15 pm
by Suzie, FRG Adviser
Dear Happymotherof3,

Welcome to the parents' board and thank you for your post.

You mention in your post that your children previously had involvement from children's services, and that when the case was closed, it was agreed that their father should have supervised contact. You were told that if you wanted this contact to be unsupervised, you should let children's services know, so that this can be reviewed. Can you confirm whether there are any orders, such as a child arrangements order, in place?

If you were asked to inform children's services, you can contact your local children's services department and inform them of your situation. They may want to complete an assessment and to risk-assess your partner for unsupervised contact.

I hope this has answered your question.

Best wishes,


Re: Supervised visits

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:24 pm
by Happymotherof3
No other orders are in place and its not my partner its the childs father that needs another review done to see if he can be alone with his child.

Re: Supervised visits

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:05 pm
by Suzie, FRG Adviser
Dear Happymotherof3

Thank you for posting to explain the situation regarding unsupervised contact between your child and his father.

Since children’s services closed the case and it was agreed that contact between father and child should be supervised, it is important that you inform children’s services if this is to change, so they carry do a review and a risk assessment if appropriate. Your child’s father could contact children’s services himself about unsupervised visits. Any change will depend on the review depending on the reasons for supervised contact.

If you live in the same local authority area then you need to contact children’s services department, give your child’s name and date of birth and explain why you are telephoning. Someone should get back to you and or your child’s father.

Your child’s father could, if he wishes, consider making an application to the court for an order. However, if it can be agreed with you and children’s services, this would not be necessary.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes