Moving on

Karr54321

Moving on

Post by Karr54321 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:54 am

Hi there - my daughter has recently been signed off a CP and CIN after about a year in the system after my partner was accused of possessing IIOC (his investigation was dropped after the police found no evidence). We are now starting to put our lives back together after the events over the last year.

But I have a couple of questions - are we meant to receive any paperwork to confirm that she has been signed off her CIN plan? Our SW did a final goodbye visit and we haven't heard or received anything since.

Also, looking ahead, when we sign her up for childcare/nurseries/schools and are asked 'is she known to SS' how do we answer? Do we say yes and explain that she has been previously or do we say no, now that she has been signed off?

Many thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Moving on

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:54 pm

Dear Karr54321,

Welcome to the parent's board and thank you for your post.

Your daughter was previously subject to a CIN plan following your partner's arrest for possession of IIOC. Your daughter's case has now been closed by children's services and you have received a goodbye visit from the social worker. You would like to know if you should have received any other paperwork. You may want to ask children's services for an official letter stating that the case is now closed and request a copy of the most recent CIN plan prior to the case closing, if you do not already have this.

If you are asked about children's services involvement in the future, you can choose to explain that your daughter was previously subject to a CIN plan but that the case is now closed.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.