Information

Mummy2

Information

Post by Mummy2 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:45 am

Hello,
I'd really like some guidance on how I find out information regarding policies and procedures for children's services in my area please. Everything I type online just leads me to links to report child abuse. I have been in constant contact with our social worker since early this year. She's seen the children 3 times, visited my.daughters school, we've done our first CIN meeting and have our next one in a few days time and I've received no assessments or reports other than 2 safely plans...... It's stressing me out. Everytime she leaves she's walking out with a page of notes in her book and although we speak about what's happened I don't really have a clue what she's thinking. I can't fully remember out first CIN meeting, it.was a blurring panic on zoom for me and now I have the next in a few days. I've asked for paperwork or reports 3 times and still nothing.
I have a lovely or what I feel as lovely relationship with our SW so I'm scared to change this but at the same time I feel in the dark right now.
Any help finding accesses their p&p would be great please.
Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Information

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:51 pm

Dear Mummy2

Welcome to the parents discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am FRG’s online adviser. I am sorry to hear that you are feeling stressed about the child in need process that you are working with and that you have not received a copy of your assessment or the child in need plan yet. You shouldn’t be left feeling ‘in the dark’ when it comes to plans for your child/ren. Child in need is a voluntary process and you should be fully included and your agreement obtained throughout.

Here is a link to our new website materials on child in need assessments and plans which I hope may be helpful to you.

Although you have a good relationship with your social worker, I think that she could communicate with you better and part of that is providing you with the written reports you have asked for in a timely way. If you can, you should let her know that you are not feeling informed enough and that you need to see what has been recorded in her assessment. There are some helpful tips in this guide that you might help you you feel more involved or prepared for the next child in need meeting, for example. It also contains advice about what to do if things don’t improve.

You may be able to find a link to your local authority’s procedures and policies by searching for their local safeguarding children partners, safeguarding children partnership arrangement or similar search terms. Or you could ring the switchboard and ask to be directed to their online policies. They should have accessible policies setting out how they work with families where children need support and services.

I hope this is useful. If you need to, post back, or call the freephone advice line on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm. We are not open on bank holidays though.

With best wishes

Suzie