Getting CAO reverted.

Queen bee

Getting CAO reverted.

Post by Queen bee » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 pm

Hi I’m just after abit of advice, I had my 3 boys taken in 2018 by children’s services as my sister left them with a registered sex offender. I went to get their new uniform for school and she was watching them, decided she was bored and got one of her ‘friends’ to look after them, she knew full well he is a peado when I came back they were not in my house and the social had been called etc. I took it to court to get contact as their dad stopped it and it got granted straight away, he applied for a CAO to keep the boys in definitely but didn’t get granted this he got a temporary live with order. I’ve since had a baby and am pregnant again, I’m able to keep these 2 children in my full time care. What I’m wondering is would it be possible for me to take it to court to get the live with order removed? My oldest son is 8 and still to this day they all ask when they can come back and live with mummy forever. It breaks my heart when I have to leave them after contact. I’m hoping someone can help. Thank you.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Getting CAO reverted.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:43 pm

Dear Queen Bee,

I can see that your older children are with their father under a temporary child arrangements order, is that right? You are wondering about applying for them to come back to your care permanently as you have kept your younger children in your care. Yes, it is possible for a parent to apply back to court. However, I would speak to your solicitor to find out what she advises as she will know your case well. At the moment, you still have a PLO and child protection situation, so it is important that this is not jeopardised, if you were to take on too much. What about asking for increased contact? Speak to your solicitor about contact.
I hope this helps,
Kind regards,
Suzie