has my ex wife got the right ???-

peaceandequality12

has my ex wife got the right ???-

Post by peaceandequality12 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Hello

bare with me I am new to this. …….

here we go, I have found myself going back through the court system again after divorcing my wife (civil partnership) 7 years ago.
our daughter was adopted by us at 2 and half, currently she is 12 and half and is having some behavioural difficulties that I believe is down to pre verbal trauma in the early years.

anyway the courts have requested that my daughter sees a clinical psychologist and has an assessment, my ex things that she will say that our daughter has ASD, which is fine if that is the case. however they will also be looking at her cognition amongst other areas.

the solicitor for my daughter has emailed saying that both parents need to see the psychologist separately for about 2 hours, which is not a problem however I am hard of hearing and have hearing aids in both ears. I find it difficult to adjust to new settings (I have to travel to another area to see her at the solicitors office, my partner as doesn't drive does not need to travel) and also to someone new and their accent. I have asked if I can take my partner with me to help me- she would not be there to speak but just to reiterate things I've heard wrong or in fact not heard at all. The solicitor has emailed back saying that she will have to ask my ex partners permission for this, this is the second time in regard to the letter of instruction and now this that they are saying they have to ask her. surely she doesn't have the legal right to make a decision about what help I need with regards to my disability???

I have felt from the beginning of this times court proceedings has been very biased by CAFCASS and by the solicitor.
any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: has my ex wife got the right ???-

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:07 am

Dear peaceandequality12

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for posting.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I see from your post that you are in private law court proceedings with your former civil partner regarding your daughter.

Since it is joint instruction for the psychologist, both you and your former partner have the right to say how the process should go ahead. It might be best to find out from the psychologist the appropriate adjustments which might be needed for your disability. This may include your partner being able to attend the appointment with you. It seems to me that you should not be placed at a disadvantage because of your disability.

You do not say whether you have legal representation.

If you do not, you may wish to contact Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480 for advice and assistance. This organisation offers advice in respect of private law matter. This does not fall within our remit as we advise on public law matters.

I hope this is helpful

Best wishes

Suzie