Bail expired

Stardust

Bail expired

Post by Stardust » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:34 pm

Evening all I'm after some advice if anyone could be help would be greatfully appreciated.
M6 husband was to sure the police station on Sunday for his bail. He got a phone call from the ds on Friday saying that he is due in in Sunday but does not need to as his bail has expired. She sed he he no longer on bail no longer under the restrictions but advises not yo contact certain people. An that she will contact him when the cps have a decision. The case was handed over to the cps beginning of December.
I am just so confused by this an have no understanding if what is going on now x

Miserylovescompany2

Re: Bail expired

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:04 am

Hello

The CPS will have to decide whether there is sufficient evidence to secure a conviction or not. The outcome could potentially be there is enough to take this to court or not enough so no further action.

I guess it's the waiting game. I hope there is a decision made soon so you all know where you stand - sometimes it is worse not knowing as you are stuck in limbo.

Stardust

Post by Stardust » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 pm

Thank you for replying. The waiting and not knowing is horrendous. I just don't understand how you vmcan have bail expired. And wish they had a tone frame to come up with a decision so we had some idea of knowing when we shud know by.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Dear Stardust,

I can see that bail conditions have been withdrawn from your husband but you are not sure why.
You are hoping that things can return back to normal and your husband move back home with you.
However, before you make any plans for your husband to return home, you should contact the social worker and find out what is happening. Children services will need to hear what the police are saying before making any decisions.
It is very likely that the social worker will want to re assess the situation in light of what the police say and may require further assessments.
Best wishes,

Suzie