Placement order

A123

Placement order

Post by A123 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:50 am

The LA got granted a placement order in November 18 but I am not under going another 2 assessments for my older 2 children who are under an sgo but theres apparently a placement breakdown, my youngest childs SW has said the outcome of that will have implications on my youngest but no one knows how or they wont tell me, do they have to be actively looking for a match (they only have until may to find someone) especially when I'm being assessed again? I'm just confused

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Placement order

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Dear A123,

I am so sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

I can see that your youngest daughter is under a placement order which give children services legal authority to place your youngest with prospective adopters.
You say there has been a “placement breakdown”. Was your youngest placed with prospective adopters and then returned back to foster care?
Your post is not clear to me.

If this might have happened I would expect you to have been informed. Email the social worker and team manager and ask what has happened? You should also get in touch with your solicitor.
You are also entitled to have an adoption support worker who could then find out what is happening with your youngest daughter’s placement.
If you can clarify the situation for me then I can post further advice.

Best wishes,
Suzie