Can I take social services to court ?

Pink123

Can I take social services to court ?

Post by Pink123 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:08 am

Hi, my daughter got taken in 2019 due to future emotional harm because of DV with her dad. She’s on a care order living with paternal gran, since then my circumstances have changed massively I’ve had another baby with a different man and Social have dropped the case on my newborn as there’s no risks atall! I want to fight to get my daughter back but it seems like they’re prolonging her being with paternal gran until she starts school so she’s even more settled they said they are taking it to court for an sgo but not for a few months yet. Is it possible I could go to court before this and take them to court to remove the care order?
Please help!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Can I take social services to court ?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:06 pm

Dear Pink123

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Board.

It may be possible for your daughter to be returned to your care. Perhaps it would be a good idea to ask the local authority who have the care order to reassess you because you have a significant change of circumstances and may be (or are) in a position to meet your child’s needs.

Our advice sheet Care (and related) proceedings has a paragraph about discharging care orders (see page 39). Another useful advice sheet is called Reuniting children in the care system with their families.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Pink123

Post by Pink123 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:22 pm

Hi Suzie thank you for the reply!
I’ve asked the sw involved and she has adviced that they won’t be going to court for a while now as they feel my daughter is settled. I told her I want to fight for her home and if I can take ss to court as my case has been closed on my son and she has said that she’s happy where the baby is but isn’t stopping me seeking legal advice :? I don’t want to wait to long to go to court for the sgo as she will only be older and more settled which will make it more complicated for the courts to let her home,
Look forward to your reply thank you!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:39 pm

Hi Pink123,

I think your question has been answered on your other thread; I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie