hi all im new

migman

hi all im new

Post by migman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 am

can anyone help, ???? long story, worrid sick, ok i have a 5 year old, i had to go down court route, to see in the first place, i was granted pr, contact was difficult but was working, fast forwards , and i was taken ill, life limiting illness, so i stop contact because i was feeling to ill, one day social services called my to say my ex partner has mental issues, and that my child is has been taken into care, at moment been looked after by family relitive, that was 5 months ago, im seeing littelone, but not as much as i want to,, now, the social woman has found , a placement,, for the 2 kids one being mine, my questions are, can i fight this,, there saying that the siblings need keeping together,, and what with my long term illness i cannt be long term, carer, ????? i do want my child to be fostered out, or addopted,, addoption, nothings been said as yet, but what ill read,, about placements is not good, is there anything i can do,, thanku any help would be good,

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: hi all im new

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:29 pm

Dear migman

Thank you for your two posts and welcome to the Board, my apologies for the long delay in responding.

From what you write it seems that care proceedings may be starting or are ongoing, in either case because you have parental responsibility for your child you must be ‘invited’ to be involved in the court case and be given legal support to participate. Our advice sheet Care (and related) proceedings will tell you more.

Additionally, before any long term decisions about and/or for children are made assessments must be done and a parents with health conditions will not be automatically ruled out of caring for their child. However, it may be wise for you to voice your concerns about this to the professionals involved with your child as well as any legal representative you have now or in the near future.

If you would like to discuss your situation with us in more detail, please call our confidential helpline. The service is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am-3pm on 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes

Suzie