How do I get rid of social services

JB19912

How do I get rid of social services

Post by JB19912 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:49 pm

I am the father of a 3 month old girl, the mother is in a refuge, due to my controlling ways and me threatening violence against mum and baby in january, a non molestation order is in place

Child is on child protection plan, I am currently doing a domestic abuse intervention as reccomended by services

supervised contact, 1 hour every 3 weeks is likely to be starting soon for me, is one hour every 3 weeks even optimal to develop a bond between a father and child? it seems a very poor amount of contact

my goal for the future: to have regular unsupervised contact with my daughter, and to be able to freely communicate with the mother about child arrangements, I do not want to take this to court

I just spoke to the social worker and she seemed to suggest that no matter how well the abuse intervention goes, and no matter how well supervised contact goes, they will never be reccomending that me and the mother have any communication, even via a parenting app

they also seem very reluctant to even entertain the idea of unsupervised contact at this point

what do I have to do to ensure they can't drive a wedge between me and the mother, and get rid of them?

the next review child protection conference is in january, the next pre proceedings meeting is in november

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: How do I get rid of social services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Dear JB19912,

Thank you for you post - I have responded to this post and your most recent post together.

Best wishes,

Suzie.