ICO what are my chances

Queen bee

ICO what are my chances

Post by Queen bee » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:01 am

Hi I’ve posted here a few times and Suzie has been a great help! My little boy is 16 months old, he was on plo from me being 38 weeks pregnant up until may 2021 when the LA issued care proceedings to share PR with me due to his dad. They got granted an ICO for him on the grounds he remains in my care but I’ve since moved into my own house with him and have a baby due in 5 weeks. She’s currently on plo but they told me last week as soon as she’s born they will be issuing proceedings to get her on an ICO the same as my little boy, they said the plan isn’t changing at all they just can’t have one on a care order and not the other. At every single meeting, plo, core groups, lac reviews and all visits with my social worker, family support worker and other professionals everything is always positive, there’s NEVER been or negative about me and my parenting etc. Now the final court hearing isn’t until February, it was meant to be November but with baby being due they’ve extended it. What would my chances be of me keeping both my babies in my care once proceedings end? Their dad is out of the picture me and him have no contact at all since 7th may and he’s on supervised contact with our little boy and it’ll be the same for baby when she’s born. The family tine officer picks up and drops off our little boy. My solicitor has said last week the LA have no intention whatsoever of taking my babies so told me to stop worrying but it’s just hard with my situation. Any reassurance would be great please. Thank you in advance x

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: ICO what are my chances

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:01 am

Dear Queen bee

Thank you for your post, please accept my apologies for not responding sooner.

From what you have written, I think it may be best for you to follow your solicitor’s advice, as it is unlikely that anyone is trying to deceive you about the future plans for your children. I imagine that the guardian, social workers, and the other professionals you mention believe that you are able to safeguard yourself, your son and unborn child well, and you have demonstrated this to them.

I suggest that you continue to trust yourself and the good decisions that you are and have been making. It may be a good idea to ask your solicitor to consult with the other parties for an earlier end to the court case than February 2022. You say that your baby is due in a short time, you might ask your solicitor why the professionals are asking for another six months after the baby’s birth for you to prove that you can sustain the good parenting that you are already doing. Here is a link to a section on our website which explains the stages of care proceedings.

I hope this response is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Queen bee

Post by Queen bee » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:09 pm

Thank you for your reply suzie, i have my social worker and family support worker coming 3x a week, it has got to a point now where I’ve had to report my babies dad to the police for stalking/harassment but at the minute there is nothing they can do until they have had 3 reports. They have said that I’m doing everything I can to safeguard my son and unborn daughter, and I’m following the plan to a tee, my family support worker today said they need to see now that I can maintain what I am doing and keep on top of things that are in the plan and everything will be fine come February my 2 babies should come off the ICO and be just on CP which I’m not bothered about as I’ll continue working with professionals regardless. Thank you for your advice and help.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:17 pm

Dear Queen bee,

Thank you for your update - it is great to hear that you continue to make positive progress!

You mention that you have had to report your children's father for stalking and harassment - remember you can always call 999 in an emergency, and you may find it helpful to speak to Paladin, who support victims of stalking on 020 3866 4107. You can also contact the national stalking helpline to access practical information, support, and advice on 0808 802 0300.

Best wishes,

Suzie.