Pol meeting

Kitty 33

Pol meeting

Post by Kitty 33 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi there the social workers are going for an interim care order me and my bf are no longer together I am naw living at his mums house I have messed the social work rang them email them snd heard nothink bk I am due to hv my baby girl in the 20 agust buy csection can they still take my baby whit out a pol meeting

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Pol meeting

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:36 pm

Hi Kitty33,

Yes, children’s services can take immediate action once your daughter is born if they think this is necessary for your daughter’s safety.
Children’s services should normally try and work with families under pre-proceedings to avoid initiating care proceedings. Has the social worker explained to you why they have not entered pre-proceedings in your case? It may be because they think the risk to your baby is too high and cannot be addressed as quickly as is necessary.

It is vital that you now contact your solicitor so that you can discuss the local authority’s plan for initiating care proceedings. Like you have mentioned, if the local authority is successful in getting an interim care order, you may be able to enter a mother and baby foster placement with your child.

Please read here for more information on children’s services taking immediate steps when a baby is born.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:59 pm

Well we had the pol meeting yesterday and they are still taking it to court for the interim care order eany way I have sent them all my peranting stuff that I have done and I have all so sent it to my solicitor they are saying they are going for the order cause my child is at risk and I don't understand the risk evan tho we are naw separate but mu solicitor is going to put in for a mother and Foster placement

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:52 am

Dear Kitty33,

It is really important that the social worker or your solicitor explains the risk they believe your child to be at, so that you are clear on why they are going to make an application to the court for an interim care order. It is also important so that you can know what you have to do to address this risk.

It is encouraging that you have spoken to your solicitor about seeking a mother and baby foster placement if an interim care order was granted. You may find it helpful to read more about mother and baby foster placements here.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:25 am

Like I said in my last post they still want to take her we are no longer together eany way he is aloud to the birth and is all so aloud contact whit her at a contact center but yer hopefully they will let me go mother and baby