Whats an interim care order

Kitty 33

Whats an interim care order

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:05 pm

Social worker came to see us 2 day and want to out baby on an interim are order to do moore assessment for my peranting but they want the baby removed at birth but they will not be doing a section 20 can they still remove her whit out the section 20

As11

Re: Whats an interim care order

Post by As11 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:03 pm

A section 20 is when you volunteer for your child to go into temporary care whilst the proceedings are on going. An intern care order is social services have shared parental rights with you for your baby, they look at how you look after baby. The baby will be assigned a guardian who will also do an assessment of you and talk to everyone who has sen you with the baby and reports will be written, the social worker will write their recommendations and so will the babies guardian. Social services will more than likely do parental assessments, mine were mental health and the midwifes come around everyday and then the health visitor took over. I had meetings with them to discuss any problems I felt I was having and talked through what I could do to help me.The terms set out will be agreed with you, it will be up to the social workers and the child’s guardian to come up with what they want to happen and you will discuss with your solicitor what you want, the judge will have the decision of what is best for your baby. The judge will listen to all the augments if you like and make a decision. If you are willing to accept the help that social services are asking you to do then this also goes on your favour I would say that it’s to prove that you can put your babies needs above your own and make sure that you provide a safe and secure home, and environment for your baby to develop. It can be very stressful these proceedings but if you work with social services then the outcome can be good. The important thing to remember is everyone wants what’s best for your baby including you. It can seem so scary and like this is the worst thing in the world, your solicitor is there to put forward what you want and the judge should listen to all parties involved and make a decision that’s best for the baby. With the right support you can make positive changes in your life for you and your baby. My daughter is on a supervision order, for 12 months. I forgot to mention interim care orders are set by the judge so he has to agree that the threshold has been met. Then social services with the baby’s guardian will set out what they want to happen. Which will be agreed with you. Your solicitor will ask any questions you have and will be able to advise you best as they will know your circumstances. I hope it has helped a little I’m trying to remember what happened with mines but the facts because it tends to go on a case by case basis. I hope it’s a little clearer now.
Kitty 33 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:05 pm Social worker came to see us 2 day and want to out baby on an interim are order to do moore assessment for my peranting but they want the baby removed at birth but they will not be doing a section 20 can they still remove her whit out the section 20

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:25 pm

Well when got told this morning they said we will not get to bring her home and that she will be put in temporary Foster care once she is born but I am going to push and see if I can get a mother and baby unit or mother and Foster placement

As11

Post by As11 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:54 pm

I was facing that as well they actually might not make the decision until baby is born. Your solicitor should talk to you about what to expect. I was allowed to live back at my partners mums house is there somewhere like this that you could stay? A mother and baby unit is a good option. You will receive a lot of support there. They will support you to look after your baby. You should speak to your solicitor about it. They can advise you, it’s a positive step for you and your baby. I wish you the best and remember that you are making positive decisions about you and your babies future.

As11

Post by As11 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:04 am

I’m guessing that this is what the social worker has said to you? This is their plan that they will take the baby at birth? If so then yes that’s is their plan but two important things the babies guardian has to agree to this plan, and the judge would have to agree that this is best for your baby. So i would suggest a mother and baby unit is a very good thing to consider. Just because a social worker says that is what is going to happen it doesn’t mean it will happen there are two other people who have an opinion as well the babies guardian being one of them they don’t always agree with social workers they are usually independent and work for the courts, not social services. The judge will have the final say they will decide what’s best after hearing everything from all parties you will have your day and you can say actually I am volunteering to go to a mother and baby unit for my baby the court can not make you, they can strongly suggest you go. It would be the best option if your solicitor advised that you go.

Kitty 33 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:25 pm Well when got told this morning they said we will not get to bring her home and that she will be put in temporary Foster care once she is born but I am going to push and see if I can get a mother and baby unit or mother and Foster placement

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:18 am

Well I might be having my baby in 2 weeks due to her being small we have not evan had copies of the pre birthassessment yet and same whit my solicitor but uea I am going for mother and baby

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:00 pm

Dear Kitty 33

Thank you for your recent posts and for keeping us updated about your situation.

Please have a read of our "Parents to be" page on our website, you can find it here.

It may also be a good idea for you to have a look at the section on our website which tells you about too. care proceedings.

If you would like to speak, in confidence, with one of our advisers, our helpline is open Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays) from 9.30am to 3.00pm. The number to call is 0808 801 0366.

Best wishes

Suzie

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Well we had the pol meeting yesterday and even tho I naq living at is mum and dad's house they are still wating to take her away at birth and go for the interim care order me and my solicitor are putting in for mother and Foster placement