Social Services due to IIOC

Laur83

Social Services due to IIOC

Post by Laur83 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:26 pm

Regrettably, I was arrested for downloading IIOC in March 2020 and recently received a 12 month suspended sentence.

I’m subject to SHPO and was recently visited by Public Protection Unit officers. They were extremely aggressive towards me which I have to accept.

I have a 6 year old daughter who lives with her mother. We separated years ago. When she learnt of my arrest she of course was extremely shocked as expected, but she gave me a chance and we’ve built a good relationship over the last 14 months for the sake of our daughter.

This trust and relationship is starting to fracture as the PPU officers were somewhat shocked and annoyed that I see my daughter 3 times a week (whilst supervised with her mother). We’ve got a regular routine which works for all of us. They seem to have given her a hard time.

The PPU officers have asked that Social Services get involved which has naturally caused a huge amount of stress and anxiety.

Can someone please advise what the next stages are likely to be? I just want to establish whether there is a possibility that my contact with my daughter will stop and the likelihood of this happening. Would Social Services look to apply for a court order to prevent contact or would that be unlikely?

Thank you.

ja2167

Re: Social Services due to IIOC

Post by ja2167 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:52 pm

Have they not already been involved?

Soon as my ex was arrested it triggered social services. He hasn’t been charged yet, but they have been involved ever since . They have been awful to me and I haven’t done anything wrong - I’ve been told to allow no contact with any of our kids and I’m not allowed to supervise it

Laur83

Post by Laur83 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:26 pm

Hi Jane,

Yes SS were involved from the outset and closed the case before I was charged. The Public Protection Unit Officers have asked them to get involved again. I presume to restrict me seeing my daughter.

Sorry to hear they have been horrible to you. Is your ex no longer seeing his/your children? I understand they want mothers to stop access as they feel there is a risk.

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:29 pm

well i am having am 31 weeks pregant and my bf is on the sex offender register but he is allowed around kids we hav ejust fhines the pre birth assesmnet and wating for the out come whic hopefully we will hav on the 9th july