What happens after a pre birthassessment

Kitty 33

What happens after a pre birthassessment

Post by Kitty 33 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:27 pm

Hi there we have finally got our last session 2moz then we should find out the outcome on the 9th of July but haw will we find out will they post it to us or will they send come round and tell us what happens onec we have done the last part of the assessment

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: What happens after a pre birthassessment

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:12 pm

Dear Kitty33,

I can see that the pre- birth assessment of you and dad is nearly over, and you will receive a copy of it in July.
Ask the social worker to take you through the assessment so that you can understand what is being said. If the assessment is negative, then I suggest you seek legal advice from your solicitor.
Do you know what they are worried about in respect of your parenting? Here is information for parents to be.

Kitty, you might be able to get an advocate who can help you at meetings and come with you to your solicitor as well. Ask the social worker about having an advocate-as it is someone else who can help you.

I notice that you are worried about being homeless, if you left the father of your unborn baby. As you are pregnant, you will have a priority for housing which means housing should find you accommodation. Ask the social worker to support you to in speaking to the local authority housing department. You could also contact Shelter who offer housing advice. They can be contacted by phone as well on 0808 800 4444.

If you need further advice, please post again or call the advice line again.
Best wishes,
Suzie

Kitty 33

Re: What happens after a pre birthassessment

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:20 pm

They have not said much just that whit my son it said in the report about me not interacting whit him much naw is just a wating game to see what happens but they have been around 2 day took pics of the rooms and was like we will have a look at them and see what safty issues we find and
see if the council can sort you a bigger place out and they was asking of I new my who my health visitor is yet and they was on about finding out for me surely this must be a good thing