Pr birth assessment

Kitty 33

Pr birth assessment

Post by Kitty 33 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:40 am

Hi there we start the pre birthassessment on Friday but we think they are out to get us all ready as they said they are only doing the pre birth assessment cause pg my son which was removed from the hospital 7 years ago are they aloud to use old cases against you

Queen bee

Re: Pr birth assessment

Post by Queen bee » Mon May 10, 2021 1:40 pm

They always use old cases against you they have with me and my partner.

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:57 pm

See I am 24 week and only just staring the assessment

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:24 am

I had a visit from ss yesterday as soon as they cam though the door the was looking around the room they only came to ask if we understand the pre birth assessment then they asked what we had fir baby and what we had left to get for her and haw my pregnancey was going apparently they are off to be doing a few home visits though out the assessment

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 14, 2021 11:50 am

Dear Kitty 33

I see that you have made several posts relating to your pre-birth assessment and the worry you have that children’s services have left it late to start.

It is good to see that you now have a date for the start of the assessment. You are worried about what might happen if your baby comes early. Hopefully, this will not happen, but it will depend on the circumstances at the time so it is not possible to tell you what will happen. I suggest you ask the social worker.

You are concerned that the social worker is speaking about your past, but to look at the changes that you have made since your son was removed, they do need to consider what the concerns were at that time and how things are now. It is not, I do not think, that the history is to be used against you, but it will not be ignored as it helps to inform what happens now.

There was a recent visit from children’s services, and you feel that they came in looking around the room. This may have been to see that everything is ok and its clean and tidy. Asking about what you have for your baby is also important to show that you have thought about and are preparing for your baby. To do the assessment, the social worker must meet with you and your partner so that is why there is likely to be more home visit.

I think it is important that you go back over the responses you have had and look at the information and the links sent to you as it is likely to help you prepare for and understand the expectations during the assessment.

I have responded to all your recent posts here and hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Well my bf had os first appointment 2day and it was about is offence whic was 15 years ago and they was asking him about everything naw I don't think we hv a chance of keeping this baby evan tho the police and the court see him as low risk we don't think ss see him thar way

Queen bee

Post by Queen bee » Fri May 14, 2021 4:04 pm

My partner got 1 conviction for DV in 2017, completed courses, probation for 18 months etc the courts, police and probation said he poses NO risk at all to anyone yet children’s services say he’s still deemed a medium risk by them. I think children’s services just go off their own opinion/assessments and don’t take into consideration other professionals opinions. Hope you get to keep your baby.

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:08 pm

They don't they just go buy what they want to go buy and don't cear am 25 weeks pregnant I will prob have to choose between my baby or my bf

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:12 pm

I will not let them take my baby away from me again

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 28, 2021 11:01 am

Kitty 33 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:43 pm Well my bf had os first appointment 2day and it was about is offence whic was 15 years ago and they was asking him about everything naw I don't think we hv a chance of keeping this baby evan tho the police and the court see him as low risk we don't think ss see him thar way
Dear Kitty 33

Thank you for your further posts.

I see that the social worker has met with your boyfriend now as part of the assessment. You are concerned that he has been asked about his historical offence. You should understand that children’s services must look at the whole picture and not ignore what happened before.

To assess the current situation, it is important to know more about your boyfriend and how much he has changed since his offence and his thinking now. Rather than assume that children’s services have made their minds up already, I suggest that both your boyfriend and you try to be open and honest with children’s services. Certainly, if they had already made up their minds, they would be no need to do any assessment.
You may find it helpful to look at the information in this link https://frg.org.uk/get-help-and-advice/ ... nts-to-be/. There is information about pre-birth assessment and other matters for parents to be.

Please remember that children’s services are concerned about safeguarding children and, as such, look at different things to the criminal court.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie