Legal gateway meeting plo

Queen bee

Legal gateway meeting plo

Post by Queen bee » Fri May 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Hi can someone tell me what a legal gateway meeting is please? I have been made to choose between my partner and baby, obviously I’ve chosen my baby but need to know what this meeting is. Am I losing my baby?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Legal gateway meeting plo

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 07, 2021 4:55 pm

Dear Queen bee

Thank you for your recent questions. Please have a read of this section of our website, it will help you understand how social workers may view your current situation.

If you would like to speak to an adviser, the lines are closed at the moment, but will reopen on Monday. The helpline number 0808 801 0366, it is open from 9.30am to 3.00pm, Mondays to Fridays.

Best wishes

Suzie

Queen bee

Post by Queen bee » Sat May 08, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi thank you I’m struggling to understand it as my heads elsewhere, does a legal gateway meeting ALWAYS result in a child being taken? The SW manager has said because I’ve left my partner temporarily and agreed to have my son on my own until he’s done further work like they suggested it’s very unlikely they will take it to court. She has said there is NO concerns with myself at all and I’ve done everything ever asked of me. I’m really scared and being pregnant stress really doesn’t help 😩

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 14, 2021 2:50 pm

Dear Queen bee

Thank you for your recent posts which I will respond to in this post.

Firstly, the legal gateway meeting to have discussions about the circumstances of the family, the concerns that children’s services have regarding the child or children being kept safe from harm. The short answer is the gateway meeting is to decide if children’s services should take the matter to court. It is sometimes possible for children’s services to go to court but the child or children remain in the parent or parents’ care.

You do not say who advised you to take children’s services to court because of the length of time you have been in PLO, however, since you have been in a unit to be assessed, I am not sure that you have a basis for such an application. At present, you are being given the opportunity to show that the concerns children’s services are being addressed and your children are safe in your care. What outcome would you wish to achieve in taking children’s services to court.

If you are unhappy with how your case has been handled by children’s services, you could consider making a formal complaint. I suggest you discuss this with your solicitor.

In your final post, you have stated that although things have been going well there has been a further incident with your partner. This has led to you making a choice between him and your children. Also, the legal planning meeting has decided to go ahead with an application to the court. This means that children’s services are making an application to the court for a care order. It may be that the court makes an interim care order to start with. If the order is made, then children’s services will share parental responsibility (PR) with you and your son’s father (if he has PR). This does not mean that your son will be removed from your care but it is possible depending on the concerns, but you have previously posted that children’s services are happy with your care. Speak with your solicitor about this.

Care cases normally last 6 months. The case will not include your unborn baby as no application can be made about the baby until after birth.

Please read information about care proceedings here https://frg.org.uk/get-help-and-advice/ ... oceedings/.

Your solicitor will represent you in the case and you can read about working with your solicitor in this link https://frg.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2 ... -guide.pdf

If you would like to speak with an adviser about your current situation, please telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3pm.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Queen bee

Post by Queen bee » Fri May 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi the meeting took place on Wednesday and the social have requested an Interim Care Order but with my son staying with me, they’ve stated the have no concerns at all in regards to myself they’ve asked for the order more because of his dad and his history, they said it’s in place while they continue to work with him and support him further.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 28, 2021 11:24 am

Dear Queen bee

I see from your post that the decision made at the recent meeting was for your son to remain in your care now but children’s services will be applying to the court for an interim care order.

As previously advised, if an interim care order is made to children’s services this means that they will share parental responsibility and able to make decisions about your son including where he lives. It is very important that you continue to engage and work with children’s services. Your partner must be willing to work with children’s service to address the concerns they have about him. If he fails to work with them, then it maybe that you will have to decide whether you care for your son without him.

It is important for you to work with your solicitor ask questions about anything in the case you do not understand. Your solicitor should advice you about the progress of the case and what you need to do to ensure that you son is able to remain in your care.

Please read the information sent to you in previous post about care proceedings. You should have received a copy of the interim care plan for your son from children’s services or your solicitor.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our free advice service on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).

Best wishes

Suzie