Re: can you help plz

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:40 am

Hi there we had a visit from ss about 6 weeks ago they came to introduce them self to us and said they would be working whit us eamy we told them about ny bf going to court to have is license taken off him and we let them no that he as had it taken off and since then we have heard nothing bk from them I will be 20 weeks on Friday

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:31 pm

Dear Kitty33,
I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for children services to carry out a pre-birth assessment. The assessment should take place in the same way as other assessments and should be carried out promptly. Here is some information about pre-birth assessments.

You could chase the social worker to find out when your assessment wil be completed. Ask for a copy of the assessment. Also aAsk for a copy of the local authority “protocol for assessments” for when a child is not yet born which should tell you the procedure. Ask if there is anything you should be doing in the meantime.
Even though your partner was convicted of an offence a long time ago, children services will want to be sure that your partner is now safe around children. They will want to check that he not a risk to your baby. Children services will want to do a risk assessment of your partner. They will also do an assessment of you to see whether you can protect your baby from any future risk of sexual abuse.

You and your partner could speak to the Just Stop It Now helpline about his past conviction and what support there is. Parents Protect website has information about protecting children from sexual abuse risks.
I hope my advice helps. If you have any questions, please post again.

Best wishes,
Suzie

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:31 pm

We have not seen or heard from them since I was 12 weeks pregnant my bf as been to court and got is license take off him which was about 5 weeks ago and we rang them and let them no am.naw 21 weeks pregnant and still heard nothink from them is police officer all so told them that the offence as been taken off and thay he is not on eany other license i thought assembly had to be done before you got to 20 weeks I don't want them turning up at the hospital trying to take my baby can they so this

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:33 pm

We have not evan started eanh assessment whit them yet qe have only them once when they came to introduce them self

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:10 pm

Dear Kitty33,

From your first post, it would appear that children's services intended to complete a pre-birth assessment. It is concerning that you have not heard from them in a number of weeks. As I stated previously, a pre-birth assessment should take place in the same way as any other children and families assessment.

I would advise that you call your local children's services department and request an urgent update on the status of the assessment. Have you discussed this with your midwife? Your midwife may also be able to assist you in following this up.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:48 pm

Yes the midwife wife is going to look in to as it's been 7 weeks and bit heard eanythink from them

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:57 am

Just an update midwife git in contact whit ss and theybtpld her its still early to start assessment cause am only 22 weeks can they do this and start it later

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:16 am

Dear Kitty 33

Thank you for your further updating post.

The time to start a pre-birth assessment is not the same for all local authorities, so it might be helpful to ask the social worker at how many weeks they start their assessment. Some authorities start at 20 weeks, some earlier and some later.

You may find it helpful to read the information on our website about pre-birth assessment. The link is below.

https://frg.org.uk/get-help-and-advice/ ... nts-to-be/

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:54 am

When I had my last baby they started it at 12 weeks so I just don't understand y they have not this time I am naw 22 week

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:24 am

Hi Kitty,
Have you phoned or texted the social worker to ask when the assessment will happen?
It seems that there has been some delay.
You could ask the social worker for an advocate to help you.
Have you contacted your solicitor to let them know what is happening?
Was your last baby removed from you? If so, what reasons were given by the court?
Best wishes,
Suzie