Birth assessment

Kitty 33

Birth assessment

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:24 am

So I had ss round 2 day they are going to be doing a prw birth risk assessment what dose this enovolve my bf is on the sex offender register we are going to court on tusday to hopefully get is sopo removed but if all gose bade at court I will be looking for ny own place cause I aint having this baby taken away from me

EDY92

Re: Birth assessment

Post by EDY92 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:07 pm

From my personal experience , I very much doubt they’ll allow him to live with you.. or be allowed unsupervised access.

My partner was arrested over a year ago, he’s now my ex due to me being told if I carried on in a relationship with him my kids would be taken off me. My children will always come first.

They are waiting for CPS to come back with a decision, but I’ve been told by my social worker even if the police don’t charge him, they’ll still have major concerns about my children being in his care without supervision.

Sadly, with something like this they don’t allow the offender to ever move on, or make positive changes to their lives. They’ll always been seen as a risk in SS eyes! Even when you’re off the register they would still have concerns too, but legally I’m not sure where they stand. Family courts are a law to their own it seems.

It’s kind of ironic though, because my next door neighbours ex is allowed unsupervised contact With their children, when he used to beat her up, harm the children etc, but he did a course and is magically cured apparently.. to be honest, I’ll never trust my ex now so it’s irrelevant for me personally, but I feel for offenders who do non contact offences/don’t even get charged and are seen to never be ‘cured’ or rehabilitated.. or seen as guilty anyways.

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:24 pm

I don't hv eanyway where els to go to if I hv to leav my partner I don't hv family or eanythink just hv to see what happens I court and hopefully we get the sopo removed

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:25 pm

He as changed is life around so much he is on low risk

EDY92

Post by EDY92 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:48 pm

Kitty 33 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:24 pm I don't hv eanyway where els to go to if I hv to leav my partner I don't hv family or eanythink just hv to see what happens I court and hopefully we get the sopo removed
They won’t care about that unfortunately, I was in a mortgage with my ex , he’s been suspended from work on full pay so he’s come out of all this better in that respect. He can still pay the mortgage , and I’ve moved into rented accommodation. I hope he gets his order removed. Have you had any legal advise ? As I’ve had legal advise and spoken to my social worker who both told me it’s highly unlikely my ex would ever get unsupervised as he’s always be classed a a risk.. even without a charge against him.

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:55 pm

Is personally police officer says there should be no reason y he carnt have it removed and then we had to write a letter to the police contsabull who as said we can apply to the court to get it removed and about all the positive change he as done that was like 11 years ago this offenc and that he is low risk and dont done eany other offence since this one but naw its down to the court on tusday

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:57 pm

It's the first time we have meet the ss workers 2 day and I just broke down after they left we told them about going to court and they said you will have to let us no what happens cause that will have to be part of the assessment but if worts casue comes I will be moving out I carnt have my baby taken from me

EDY92

Post by EDY92 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:04 pm

Kitty 33 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:57 pm It's the first time we have meet the ss workers 2 day and I just broke down after they left we told them about going to court and they said you will have to let us no what happens cause that will have to be part of the assessment but if worts casue comes I will be moving out I carnt have my baby taken from me
I’m not an expert, so I can only say my experiences of the last year and a bit, but from what I’ve learnt :

The police have to prove a lot more than social workers. They need evidence and to pass certain thresholds .

Social workers view anything as a risk, the police may say he’s low risk but social workers won’t. I have personally been told that with these sorts of crimes there’s always a risk even after the crime has been spent , are off the register etc.

All I can say is, I left my partner because the thought of loosing my children would make me contemplate not living anymore, and when I’ve not done anything I wasn’t willing to stay with someone who made that a possibility.

Have you thought about what you’re going to do if they remove it and you still can’t bring your baby home?

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:12 pm

No matter what happens its going to break my heart we have been together for nearly 10 years and we been though so much stuff together and we just want that change to be a family but if the out come is bad and I have to leav I will have no choice to leav evan tho it will break ny heart my child means so much to me and I aont losing her for no evan of I have to fight them to keep her I will

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:15 pm

And the only restriction he as on is order is that he carnt have unsupervised contact whit eany one under 16 but if sum one is there whit him he is aloud