can you help plz

Kitty 33

can you help plz

Post by Kitty 33 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:41 pm

i had my last baby taken of me due to my bf its naw been 6 years since that happend he is on the sex offender register and we are having another baby eany today we got told by is police officer he can apply to have the sopo taken of him if he gets it taken off him will ss still be involved and will they still try to take my baby he as been out of prison for 10 years he as never reofender or had eany other troubel whit we police since he as been out

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: can you help plz

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Dear Kitty33,

Welcome to the parents' board and thank you for your post. I am including a response to your previous post here.

You say in your posts that your boyfriend is on the sex offender's register and is subject to an SHPO. You had a baby six years ago, who was removed from your care and subsequently adopted. You are now pregnant again and say that you and your boyfriend have made positive changes to your life. You boyfriend has been advised that he can apply to discharge the SHPO and you would like to know whether children's services will still be involved as a result of this pregnancy and what action they may take.

The fact that your boyfriend is subject to a SHPO indicates that a court was satisfied he poses a risk of sexual harm to the public. Whilst your boyfriend can apply to discharge the SHPO, this will not remove any previous convictions for offences he has committed. Due to the nature of these offences, children's services will want to complete a pre-birth assessment in order to assess any risk that your future child may be at risk of. This does not automatically mean that they will take action to remove your child at birth; they may wish to hold a pre-birth child protection conference and decide that your child should be made subject to a child protection plan. For more information on what to expect from an assessment, take a look at our advice sheet here.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:51 pm

It was only one offenc he got done fro which was 10 years ago we ar both working full time jobs he as not benn convicted for eany other he as all ways worked whit is officer and only see then once a year naw we just don't want our baby to be taken again befor we evan get a chance to prove to them we are good perants

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:38 pm

They are they are the most evil plp i have ever met when I had my sone taken of me 6 years ago they did not evan give me a change they just came to the hospital and took him away and if I did not sing the section 20 they was going to go court and get a court order to remove him there is moore evil plp out there that get to have there children that hurt them and they don't care about them and just cause my bf did sumthink wrong when he was younger they think he is a bade person he knows what he did was wrong and he as paid for that he is the most kind and caring guy but we have never been give that change to prove ourselves its been 10 years he can naw come off the sopo and we are settled qe both have full time jobs and work very hard every day and yet we still get ****

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:37 pm

Dear Kitty

Thank you for your further posts relating to your pregnancy and what is likely to happen because of your partner’s history as a sex offender.

The response to your earlier post is the position where a person is or has been on the sex offenders’ register. Whilst I understand you feel that your partner has served time for his offence and is now remorseful, this does not mean that the concerns about his history no longer exists. This response relates to your two recent posts.

It may be that you have made significant changes since your baby was removed from your care 6 years ago. This is something that children’s services will take into account in assessing you now as to whether you are able to keep your baby. You and your partner may wish to consider whether you are willing to have a long distance relationship. Children’s services may in any assessment they do consider the risks posed by your partner. It is also important to consider the restrictions that have been placed on him, 10 years on the Sex Offenders Register is a significant period which may reflect the seriousness of the offence although you state that it was a single offence.

Children’s services will want to satisfy themselves that you would be able to protect your child and not minimise or justify your partner’s history.

You may find it helpful to make contact with the Lucy Faithfull Foundation, Parents Protect on 0808 100 0900. They provide advice to relating to sexual offence to both perpetrators and family members.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi there we got a reply bk from the police we are allowed to make an application to the courts to hv the sopo removed children services ate not envolved at the moment they are wating to see what the out come of the court is first

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:47 pm

My midwife was asked by social service to contact the. When I was 12 weeks pregnant I am naw 14 weeks and had a call from them saying we had been referred to them buy the midwife I then told the woman on the phone about going though courts at the mo qhit the sopo removal she said they still need to work along side this and would contact me bf they still not contacted my bf yet about eanythink but I carnt understand y they are ringing naw as my bf police officer said ss would not be in touch till qe find out about the court

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Hi Kitty,
Thank you for your post.
Even if the SOPO is removed by the court, children services will still want to do an assessment of you and your partner to find out whether anything has changed since your older children were removed. It is good that you are cooperating with them.
The assessment will look at everything-not just the risk of sexual abuse. So, it will look at your parenting ability, whether there has been any domestic violence or drug or alcohol use. Whether you have any health difficulties or whether you have a learning difficulty.
If you have a learning difficulty, make sure you get an advocate to help you. Ask the social worker about this. An advocate can help you deal with children services and the police.
Do you have any family and friends who could help you? If so, ask them to contact the social worker so that they can be assessed as well.
I hope my advice helps. If you need further advice, please post again or call our advice line for help on 0808 801 0366.
Kind regards,
Suzie

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi there we have not heard eanythink from the ss since they range me my and said about they would contact ny bf since then no one as heard eanythink from them or they haven't evan tried to contact eany of us at all they have not evan come put to see us

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:38 am

Ss rang me about 3 weeks ago to tell me that the midwife had contacted them and I told them qe qas going though court to have the sopo removed they then said they would be ringing my bf and we have nit heard eanythink from then since they hv not evan rang my bf I am naw 15+ 4 days pregnant