Guidelines for assessment of families and children when an adult has been viewing iioc

May12345

Guidelines for assessment of families and children when an adult has been viewing iioc

Post by May12345 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:32 pm

I’m not sure if I am allowed to share a link on here but I came across these guidelines and they have been very informative. I have shared them with my SW and his Manager who gave no reply but my LA as far as I am aware has no equivalent which explains their difficulty in dealing with our situation.

There is even a part that says it is not always appropriate to make the offending partner leave the family home while the investigation is taking place.

It shares statistics on rates of reoffending and signs of protectiveness and inability to protect for the non offending partner.

https://dera.ioe.ac.uk/2028/1/final_cads_guidelines.pdf

May12345

Re: Guidelines for assessment of families and children when an adult has been viewing iioc

Post by May12345 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 am

Great reply PSD!

Have you been on the stopso forum? I think you will find it interesting I’ve certainly learnt a lot more through it.

There’s one lady in particular who is v knowledgeable. Her husband was charged with possession of iioc and bailed home before being taken to prison for a year. He was then able to come back home despite them having two teenage daughters. This lady must have bamboozled the LA with her knowledge of their rights. That LA also used the guidelines i posted above.
She also had a good solicitor and he had a good sexual therapist whose report helped a lot in court.

Anyway she is an inspiration! She also knows other families where the husband was able to return home.

ConsUK

Re: Guidelines for assessment of families and children when an adult has been viewing iioc

Post by ConsUK » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:09 pm

May12345 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 am Great reply PSD!

Have you been on the stopso forum? I think you will find it interesting I’ve certainly learnt a lot more through it.

There’s one lady in particular who is v knowledgeable. Her husband was charged with possession of iioc and bailed home before being taken to prison for a year. He was then able to come back home despite them having two teenage daughters. This lady must have bamboozled the LA with her knowledge of their rights. That LA also used the guidelines i posted above.
She also had a good solicitor and he had a good sexual therapist whose report helped a lot in court.

Anyway she is an inspiration! She also knows other families where the husband was able to return home.
Hi can you help me with a link to this forum and if you know that lady username I would like to see if she can help me with some advice. Thank you