Our forums are a space for users to provide support for each other. We have written some rules to help make sure that the forums stays safe, friendly and respectful.
Rules of Use
1. Before you can post (write a message) on the forums you will need to register. This will take no more than a few minutes. Please take care when choosing your username that you do not reveal personal information about yourself, as your username will appear next to any content you submit. We reserve the right to reject accounts with usernames that are offensive or unsuitable. Your registration will then need to be approved by a moderator before you can post, this is just to check you are not a spammer.
2. Our quality assurance policies: Confidentiality and Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy
, Equal Opportunities Policy
all apply to the forums.
3. Please make sure that your messages are respectful of other users’ views, experiences and opinions (even if you do not agree with them).
4. If you are concerned about a message someone else has left, click on the ‘report now’ button and an alert will be sent to the moderator who may remove the message.
6. The moderator can, at any time: delete messages (or part of a message), move messages to a more appropriate topic heading, and refer messages to an adviser for legal and/or practical help.
7. A moderator will check any external links posted on the forums. Any links that are, in our opinion, inappropriate and/or unhelpful will be taken down. Make sure you don’t give out any personal information (including your email address) that may identify you, any children or anyone else. Any personal information will be removed or edited by the moderator.
8. Remember that what you say in your message can be read by many people, and that although it is a place where you can let off steam, and express your emotions please remember it is a public space. Swearing at another member on the forums will never be acceptable. However, you can use this type of language to explain your own situation as long as you abbreviate these words using asterisks (*). Messages containing un-abbreviated swear words will be deleted by the moderator.
9. You must make sure that any message (or part of it) you post (or intend to post) in the forums do not or is not:
• rude, disrespectful or insulting;
• likely to provoke, incite or attack others or contain words or language intended to offend other users;
• racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist or otherwise discriminatory in nature;
• defamatory, harassing, abusive, obscene, threatening, harmful, profane, sexually orientated or otherwise objectionable;
• unlawful or encourages unlawful activity, whether criminal or civil;
• advertises and promote commercial products and services;
• copied from a third party without their permission, or is otherwise likely to infringe the rights of a third party;
• contain personal contact details – email addresses, phone numbers, addresses or identify individuals in other ways;
• encourage action that may harm the wellbeing of others.
10. Anyone wanting to use the forums for media or research reasons must contact FRG first. We will discuss your request, and if agreed will post on your behalf. Please contact us here.
11. Any user who doesn’t stick to these rules may be prevented from having access to the forums.