Special Guardian Order not kept re: Getting visits with Daughter

Kestrel

Special Guardian Order not kept re: Getting visits with Daughter

Post by Kestrel » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:02 am

Hello, Thankyou for this Amazing Service.. I write on behalf of a distraught friend regarding her not being allowed any visits with her daughter who is subject to a Special Guardianship Order for the previous 4 yrs..
My friend has had Addiction Issues, now has a substantial amount of Continuous Sobriety via a Twelve Step Programme and a Active Support Group..
The Carer refused contact due to a Relapse last year. Currently is not responding at all, and has stated there will be No Contact with Mother or her Family..
The situation is, no contact between mother&carer and therefore no contact between mother/grandmother and the child who is four.
We appreciate this service very much
Best Wishes
Kestrel

Edited by Suzie to maintain confidentiality of all parties

Robin D

Re: Special Guardian Order not kept re: Getting visits with Daughter

Post by Robin D » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:18 am

Hi Kestrel.

I regret that this forum is for those looking after the children, not for the parents. There is a separate forum for them at https://www.frg.org.uk/ParentsForum/index.php. If you could repost your query there, someone will be along to advise you.

Hopefully you can get something sorted out with a bit of commitment from all parties.
Good luck .... Robin

Edited by Suzie in accordance with Rule 3
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Kestrel

Post by Kestrel » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:56 am

Hi, Thankyou for your reply, I will attempt to repost in that Forum..

Edited by Suzie in accordance with Rules 3 and 10

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:27 am

post deleted by Suzie as it responds to deleted post
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:11 pm

Kestrel wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:56 am Hi, Thankyou for your reply, I will attempt to repost in that Forum..

Edited by Suzie in accordance with Rules 3 and 10
Dear Kestrel

Welcome to the kinship carers’ board and thank you for your posts. I am Suzie, Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I have sent you a private message.

Best wishes

Suzie