Child arrangements broken down

Mummabear95

Child arrangements broken down

Post by Mummabear95 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:13 pm

I'm my nephew legal gaurdian and have had issues with paternal grandparents since since day their CAO was granted there has been inconsitent contact 3 times this year and get ridiculous excuses which I don't even think court will accept as valid reasons to why contact couldn't go ahead , grandparents have harrases me via social services if things don't go their way they don't follow their order and think they over ride me their order is for contact only , they supervise bf contact due to his mental health, grandmother has caused unneeded conflict /arguements regarding contact which she starts ,when being told no she quick to report me to social services for contact issues , I've had four mediation cycles and it's the same issue contact issues that the grandparents cause I've kept all texts etc of all of this , when there has been changes within child nursery and I've said they have to return child from weekend contact on a Sunday instead of a Monday because nursery have no availability to accomerdate a full Tuesday 9-3 and shortage of staff, the grandparents not accepting and gone to social and reported for contact issues , their behaviour with the CAO is unacceptable and their behaviour has started to affect lo and my daughter as they pick up on this the CAO order is not working at all and not in the intrest of child given everything that grandparents have caused , any advice regarding what steps I can take as its going round in circles where contact is concerned with grandparents who behave the way they have in a disrespectful Manor.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Child arrangements broken down

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:17 pm

Dear Mummabear95,

Welcome to the kinship carers’ forum and thankyou for your post. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have been experiencing.

You explained that there is a child arrangements order in place which states what contact your nephew should have with his paternal grandparents. I understand that you are caring for your nephew but I am unclear how exactly children’s services are involved? Was your nephew a looked after child and are you caring for your nephew as a kinship foster carer or under a Special Guardianship Order perhaps? Is your nephew subject to a child in need plan or a child protection plan?

If you have parental responsibility for your nephew and you feel that the contact set out in the child arrangements order is not in his best interests, then you could go back to court and ask that the contact arrangements set out in the child arrangements order are reconsidered and the order varied. You may find it helpful to contact Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480 (their advice line is open Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm) for further advice regarding this.

You might find it helpful to call one of our advisers on our helpline – 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 3pm) to discuss your situation in more detail. Or please post back again with some more information and I will try to give you some further advice.

Best wishes,
Suzie