Need urgent advice

DB182

Re: Need urgent advice

Post by DB182 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:45 am

panel was deferred. So that's better than a negative. They said theres alot of positives with our assessment so 🤞 we can get it all done and sorted.

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:09 am

Quietly good news I think. 👍
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:55 am

Let's hope so🙏

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:54 am

Hi just a little update the judge granted us the interim placement order. Where over the moon..

Robin D

Post by Robin D » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:39 am

Wonderful news. It's been a long slog for you, and you know it's not yet all over, but having your grandson in your care is a big step in the right direction.

He will be spending Christmas in your loving arms I'm sure.
Former F&F carer, foster carer, adopter and respite carer for umpteen children. Now retired and when with kids, making sure they 'go home' at the end of the day.

DB182

Post by DB182 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:42 pm

Thank you robin and that's so true it's far from over and there's talks this case could run into February now. Like you said he gets to be with us for Christmas and until the proceedings are over.. so we have everything crossed that we pass this skills to fostering now and the panel is positive...passed the parenting assessment as she said that's very positive...maybe our luck is changing..and I'm so greatful for finding this site when I did.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:08 am

Dear DB182

Thank you for your updating post. I would just like to echo Robin’s congratulations and to say well done on your achievements to date. I hope that the further assessments and panels are positive too. Please do keep the board updated as you have been doing as I think it helps other relatives who are going through similar processes.

With best wishes

Suzie

DB182

Post by DB182 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi thank you suzie......our parent assessment and skills to fostering was very positive. We went to the panel yesterday and we passed. As you can imagine it's been along 11 months and I'll say to anyone who finds themselves in this position to just keep fighting.....I'll keep checking in hope everyone is safe and well. And thank you again and robin you have been my life saver in all of this thank you from the bottom of my heart your one of a kind x

Mr g

Post by Mr g » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:09 am

My name is ****, I need legal aid,I have denied this by lies, from social Services and the children's mother, my estranged wife. I know this to be true as a solicitor that I had a conversation with, explaining that the information that was put on it, had compromised my efforts to divorce her straight away.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Dear Mr G,

Welcome to Family Rights Group.

You have posted on a forum that is meant for friends and family carers, people who look after other people’s children such as grandparents who care full time for their grandchildren.

As you are a parent you could instead post on our Parents Board.
The Parents board is for parents who want advice about children services practices and procedures.

If you want to seek advice about private family law such as contact and deciding where children live, you could contact the
child law advice service.

See the gov website for advice about legal aid .

Kind regards,
Suzie