Update on my daughters case

Dood24

Update on my daughters case

Post by Dood24 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:10 pm

Hi Suzie, I thought I'd give you an update on my daughters case. Things are now looking up, for a while things had hit rock bottom, to the point my daughter walked out of the placement and went to a well known suicide spot, thankfully her boyfriend had phoned the police and they restrained my daughter, the police then brought my daughter home to me and her mum and advised her not to go back to the placement, as did the ambulance crew and the mental health
team she spoke to. Things were still hard for her boyfriend as he was still in the placement with their youngest 2 kids where he had no rights and no freedom. 4 months they had to endure that, even the people they were living with said in all the time they had been doing this they had never seen a case with such a complicated set of rules, and in those 4 months the case hadn't even got off the ground, basically it was 4 months of neglect, even after my daughter had her breakdown her social worker never contacted her to see how she was or even offer any help, 2 weeks later their next court hearing happened, the judge ordered my daughters social worker to hand the case over to someone else and now she has a different social worker and an independent social worker working together to ease the work load, they are trying to get things pushed through quickly because of the 4 months of neglect. My daughter is living in the family home, her boyfriend is still in the placement but now he is allowed out for 5 hours a day, everyday, with the kids unsupervised. They are hoping that her boyfriend and the 2 younger kids can move back in to the family home in the next couple of weeks and then get the elder 3 back in. It turns out the main reason the kids were taken and my daughter was put in a placement was not because of her allegedly beating the kids but because their house was a mess. There was a lot of lies, manipulation and twisted truths told by my daughters original social worker, also she failed to hand over positive reports to the courts, over 16 weeks later and still no one has received those reports. My daughters new social worker and other people now involved are all pretty much disgusted at how my daughter and her boyfriend had been treated by the other social worker and have said what she has done is not right. So fingers crossed they can soon be the family they always should have been and deserve to be and then the elder 3 wont have to keep asking when can they go home.