Seeing my children.

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:51 pm

Seeing my children.

Post by JP123 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:11 pm

In 2004 I plead guilty to a crime of indecent assault. I know there is no point me seeing j didn't do it as I plead guilty at the time. My barrister said that if I plead guilty I would get 5 years on the sex offenders register and probation and be allowed to go home (I had been in a hostel for 18 months at this point). He also stated that I would live a normal life after the 5 years. I wouldn't have to disclose to anyone. If I didn't plead guilty and was found guilty I would go to prison be on the sex offenders for life and would have to disclose for life.

I did the 5 years of probation and was removed from the sex offenders register. I then found a wonderful woman who I started a relationship with. I didn't disclose any of my past offence to her. We went on to have 3 beautiful children now 10 5 and 3.

Me and my ex partner unfortunately split up not due to anything apart from not getting along anymore. I had moved out of the address and was visiting my children 2 days a week. Everything was good. Me and my ex were getting on better than ever and I was seeing my children.

Fast forward to March 2020. My ex partner got into a physical fight with her brother. I was there as a witness as she had phoned the police on her brother.

2 days after this my ex receives a phone call from children's services telling her all about my past conviction. I was asked to leave the house and have no unsupervised contact with my children by my ex.

My partner is now telling me that children's services are allowing me NO contact with my children at all. No phone call no video call no letts no visits.

I called children's services to find out what was going on. They have told me that they wanted to do am assessment so I could see the children with supervised contact and it was my ex that wanted no contact at all. Children's services have said the only thing I can do is take it to a private family law court. Something that I can't afford.

Is there any other way I could go forward and hopefully start seeing my children again. Any help would be much appreciated. I have tried mediation but have not heard anything back from that since my first phone call.

Post Reply

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 242 on Sat May 16, 2020 6:47 am