res allowance

kathryn e

res allowance

Post by kathryn e » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:04 pm

hi, my 2 neices and nephew are living with me under a ro and have been since jan 11, both parents are in prison. I was not even aware that a res allowance was available until i read it on here, the children were in care in the north east and as we live in the north west we are now under a different authority as the ss who "looked after" them just wondering if anyone had any advice on applying for res allowance, ss have no involvement with the children now, infact the ss in northwest have never been near. the children were placed in care as an emergency when parents were convicted but were also on the at risk register, once we were given residence they were removed from the at risk and that was the last contact we had with ss,
I have read loads of stuff on here that has been of benefit to me and am sure i will be posting in the future as the parents are released.

k.e.williams
k.e.williams

Kate

Re: res allowance

Post by Kate » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi TMA, good for you and I'm glad it worked out. I wish we'd had the nerve to do as you did, but our g/d was only one and we were very aware how adoptable she was. We'd have been too afraid that SS would have called our bluff if we'd given them an ultimatum. Which is where they have many of us over a barrel.

youngagain

Re: res allowance

Post by youngagain » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi TMA, I agree with you 100 per cent.The ss made me very angry and then some, its the disrespect that really does it for me, ime not worried about the money but some would be good for the child.You did very well to secure the child's future both emotionally and financially.